For the first time, GolTV has externally released ratings numbers for one of its televised matches, and the numbers are quite impressive. despite the game itself being pretty boring compared to previous El Classicos.
According to Mediaweek, the December 23rd match between Barcelona and Real Madrid had 502,000 viewers. In comparison, Fox Soccer Channel typically gets approximately 300,000 viewers for the Premier League matches.
GolTV has nearly 11 million subscribers compared to Fox Soccer Channel, which is in approximately 30 million households. Setanta Sports, meanwhile, is available on DISH Network which has more than 13 million subscribers, while Setanta is also available on DirecTV which has more than 16 million subscribers.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season