Courtesy of As.com
The balloon burst earlier today as Valencia coach Quique Sánchez Flores was sacked. He was the fourth coach to leave their team. The was under the hot seat after an extremely slow start the past two seasons. The decision was made by the club administrative board that based their decision on the club’s current form in the domestic league as well as in the Champions League. Even with these problems they are only four points behind Madrid prior to this weekend’s showdown.
Quique Sánchez Flores came in after the Claudio Ranieri fiasco of 2005 and was currently in his second year with the club.
Óscar Hernández, who was in charge of Valencia’s third division affiliate, will coach Los Chés against Real Madrid at Mestalla this coming weekend.
Candidates to replace Sánchez Flores now include Fabio Cappello and Marcello Lippi, and a decision should be made in the upcoming days.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season