Liverpool will be glad not to see Sunderland again for a while. They picked up a 2-0 win but at a hight cost. Centre-back Jamie Carragher suffered a broken rib and collapsed lung during Saturday’s match at Sunderland. It is unknown how long Carragher will be out of action but its likely to be a couple of weeks. Fortunately for Liverpool, Sami Hyypia will be available despite breaking his nose in the same match. Alvaro Arbeloa is another possible starter at centre-back and Gabriel Paletta would have been yet another alternative but he was sold to Boca Juniors for around £2million this past weekend.
Steven Gerrard will miss tomorrow’s match with Toulouse because of the hairline fracture of a toe on his right foot, which has caused him to miss the last couple of matches for club and country.
Toulouse has also had to battle through injury problems and will be without influential first-team members Dominique Arribage (knee), Daniel Congre (shoulder) and Albin Ebondo (thigh).
It will be a makeshift defensive back-line, but help may come in the form of defender Jon Jonsson who could be fit in time for this match. Jonsson has been recovering from a calf injury.
Liverpool have the deeper squad of the two clubs and I expect their strength of numbers to carry them through in the second leg. Take into account that the match is at Anfield and it looks likely that Toulouse’s European season will end early.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Iran national team stands in solidarity after nation erupts in turmoil
- USWNT roster announced ahead of October friendlies
- 2023 Women’s World Cup tickets go on sale from October 6th
- MLS killed the TV star: A farewell to MLS regional broadcast crews
- 5 fundamental questions MLS must answer before Apple TV launch
- Study shows Premier League clubs hit hardest by injuries
- Todd Boehly in talks to purchase Portuguese club
- Qatar affirms COVID-19 tests requirements ahead of World Cup
- Cristiano Ronaldo should have taken outrageous Saudi offer
- FIFA 23 needs to focus on things beyond Ted Lasso