The story was released all thorough out Paraguay as Libertad team doctor Edgar Alcaráz. According to the doctor, Riquelme failed the random drug test after his team moved on to the semifinal round of the Copa Libertadores.
According to headlines from Paraguay, Argentine authorities began to show their preoccupation as soon as Riquelme was selected for random testing. According to the Dr. Alcaráz, two other players would have turned out positive for corticosteroids like Riquelme allegedly did. Matías Silvestre and Daniel Díaz apparently had positive results, but they were not selected for the random testing.
According to CONMEBOL regulations corticosteroids creams are permitted, but strictly prohibit its injectable form. Riquelme was suffering from a severe case of tenidinitis and was the man of the match in Asunción. If a player were to have ingested or consumed an illegal substance, paperwork must be presented to the Confederation PRIOR to kickoff. Argentine authorities scrambled to get the paperwork done AS SOON AS Riquelme was selected for testing.
If Riquelme were to be found guilty of this charge, he and the doctor in charge would be reprimanded. The team would not be reprimanded and no previous results would be forfeited.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- USWNT roster announced ahead of October friendlies
- 2023 Women’s World Cup tickets go on sale from October 6th
- MLS killed the TV star: A farewell to MLS regional broadcast crews
- 5 fundamental questions MLS must answer before Apple TV launch
- Study shows Premier League clubs hit hardest by injuries
- Todd Boehly in talks to purchase Portuguese club
- Qatar affirms COVID-19 tests requirements ahead of World Cup
- Cristiano Ronaldo should have taken outrageous Saudi offer
- FIFA 23 needs to focus on things beyond Ted Lasso
- Barcelona VP says Messi return would be ‘possible financially’