In the past week, I received many excellent e-mails, two of which I thought I’d share with you. The first is a question and the second is a statement. Feel free to respond to these two points by clicking the ‘comments’ link near the bottom of this article and share your knowledge of the game with the rest of the readers.
Financially the Premier League has evolved to a league of tiers, the upper echelon top 4, the second tier and the also rans. I don’t know how I would break all of them down, and hopefully the new money coming in will even the playing field a bit.
However, my question relates more to the other leagues around the world (i.e. Italy Spain Germany and France). Is there as great a bifurcation (to divide into two parts) in income levels and as a result an ability for teams to compete as there is in the UK?
The loan deal for Tim Howard at Everton is not permanent until the end of the season. That contract was written in February but does not count until the end of the season. That is why Howard could not play in the game between the two teams. That is perfectly legal. And it is not up to the clubs if a player on loan can play against the former club. It is FA that came with that rule before this season.
Thanks in advance for sharing your feedback.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Liverpool assess Salah, Van Dijk ahead of Southampton clash
- African players in Europe: Mane has last laugh on Mendy
- Anti-homophobia group demands PSG explain Gueye absence
- Where to find Newcastle vs. Arsenal on US TV
- Frankfurt ready to rock Rangers in Seville under Borre’s influence
- Late goal spree takes Moroccan club Berkane to CAF Cup final
- Brentford duo report racist abuse of family at Everton
- Mbappe says decision ‘almost’ made over PSG future
- Martinez brace ensures Inter take title race to final week
- Suarez bids Atletico farewell as Sevilla qualify for Champions League