It appears that Joey Barton may have played his last match for Manchester City this past Saturday. The fiery midfielder reportedly punched City teammate Dabo in the mouth during today’s training session, and Man City has suspended Barton til the end of the season.
Barton, who missed a penalty against Aston Villa on Saturday, spoke out recently about Manchester City’s season and said he wouldn’t pay to watch the club play. Today’s action by Barton is further evidence that Barton doesn’t want to be at City and, I won’t be surprised if City no longer wants Barton to be at their club. The timing by Barton is awful. Manchester City play at home against United in the derby on Saturday (7:45am ET, Setanta).
More details about the breaking story can be found here.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more