So exit Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter Milan and others from the 2006/2007 Champions League. Such is the impact of getting knocked out that you can expect Fabio Capello, Frank Rijkaard and Roberto Mancini to all lose their jobs within the coming days, weeks or months.
After all, the Champions League is what separates the best of the best in Europe. The high stakes are battled both on the field and off. The financial implications of getting knocked out are huge. Don’t forget that one of the main reasons why Manchester United fell down Deloitte’s Money League was because of their early exit in last year’s tournament to Benfica.
Capello, especially, looks like the first to go. But how close it was in the Real Madrid 2-1 loss to Bayern Munich. Sergio Ramos scored a brilliant goal near the end of the match, but the goal was ruled out due to a handball. If that had gone in, Real Madrid would have been in the last eight and Capello would have been in charge for a few weeks more, at least.
The first 10 seconds and the last ten minutes of the match were incredible to watch with both teams playing end-to-end football. Let’s see how Bayern will now cope in the next round.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Where to find Chelsea vs. West Ham on US TV
- USMNT staggers into World Cup following draw with Saudi Arabia
- 2026 World Cup Final will reportedly be in Arlington, Texas
- England can’t win the World Cup without Jude Bellingham
- Qatar calls up hundreds of civilians to provide security at World Cup
- Michael Sheen send-off speech fires up Wales prior to World Cup
- Massive brawl at pub stains England vs Germany match
- Where to find Argentina vs. Jamaica on US TV
- Where to find Brazil vs. Tunisia on US TV
- Where to find Mexico vs. Colombia on US TV