Connect with us

fantasy football

Premiership Countdown: 32 Days to Go

fantasy-premier-league1

To help guide you through the crowded field of different fantasy football games available, here are the seven of the better ones. Many of them have started registration, and some of them are free.

Which ones have you tried? Last year, I tried the official Fantasy Premier League on the Premier League site. I failed miserably, ending up around mid-table. It seemed that whenever I transferred a player, the next week he would score a hat-trick (for example, Marlon Harewood). Or I picked a striker like Michael Owen who was injured most of the season.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
6 Comments

6 Comments

1. The Gaffer

July 27, 2006 at 8:46 pm

All,

The EPL Talk Fantasy League has now been set up. Register today at this link.

2. Fish

July 21, 2006 at 3:23 pm

I would be interested in the fantasy league, I have a team using the premier league site.

Also, I was wondering if you could do quick profiles on the teams with your guesses at starting line-ups for the season.

3. The Gaffer

July 21, 2006 at 7:04 am

Hmm..interesting idea Ultramagnetic.

Is there anyone else out there who would be interested in participating in an EPL Talk fantasy league? If so, add your comments here and I’ll see what game would be best.

4. Ultramagnetic

July 20, 2006 at 10:37 pm

I’m playing Barclays Fantasy Premier League this season but I am up for giving the Fox Soccer Channel game a go.

Will you be starting an EPL Talk league on one of those sites?

5. TheScout

July 20, 2006 at 9:37 am

Running a league with some friends using the Premier League site. I really like their game’s interface.

6. qw1j1b0

July 19, 2006 at 3:05 pm

I’ve been playing the Barclays Fantasy Premier League for two seasons now. The secret seems to be do the opposite of whatever you think is rational.

This season I am spending most of my points on mid-fielders who score alot as their goals are worth more, and they get more assists.

Good luck!