A slow week for good posts, largely because I’ve been spending most nights writing article after article for the next issue of the EPL Talk Magazine.
Thankfully I’ve been able to continue writing with one eye on my laptop, and the other eye on the television. For example, watching today’s England v Belarus friendly on Fox Soccer Channel.
What impressed me the most was the venom in the English attacks as Aaron Lennon completely tore past defenders down the right wing. What’s sad, though, is that Lennon won’t get a chance to play on the right wing during the World Cup unless he comes on as a sub or if Beckham gets injured.
This is one of the reasons why I believe both England and Brazil will be hampered during this summer’s World Cup. A national team manager who doesn’t have the chutzpah to bench his famous but not-in-form players is destined for failure. Brazil will be “forced” into playing the past-their-sell-date Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos. And England will play Beckham no matter what.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Three Boca supporters arrested for racism, Nazi salute in Brazil
- Lukaku completes return to Inter on loan from Chelsea
- German club wins inaugural European refugee cup
- Where to find Orlando City SC vs. Nashville SC on US TV
- Summer transfer market shakes up power dynamic among elite
- Where to find Vélez Sársfield vs. River Plate on US TV
- Lukaku ‘very happy’ as he arrives in Milan ahead of Inter return
- Iniesta’s Vissel fire manager after less than three months
- UEFA do not lack ambition for women’s Euro, says Kessler
- Are World Cup tickets available for Qatar 2022?