Yesterday, thousands of fans lined the streets of Reading to cheer their blue and white hooped stars.
The team broke the remarkable record of achieving the most number of points in the Championship ever (106). Plus, their goal difference was a staggering +67, and they scored 99 goals in one season. Americans Marcus Hahnemann (former Colorado Rapids goalkeeper) and Bobby Convey (former DC United) are two of the stars of the team.
But how will they perform in the Premiership? And can they do a Wigan?
It all depends on manager Steve Coppell and how creative he can get in the transfer market this summer. The Reading team doesn’t have a lot of money, so it’ll need to strengthen its team wisely.
England legend Steve Coppell’s previous management jobs have been at Crystal Palace, Man City, Brentford and Brighton. With Crystal Palace, his side was eventually relegated from the Premiership under his helm. He tasted relegation with Brighton also.
So it’s too early to say whether they’ll be the next Wigan, but we should have a much better idea in early August when the Premiership kicks off again.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season