In the third episode of This Week In Soccer, we feature a deep discussion about defensive midfielders and whether they’re on their way out at some of the top clubs in favor of a more attacking-minded footballer. Then we discuss whether most of the major European soccer leagues are moving to a duopoly where only two giant clubs rule the roost, while the remainder of the teams in the league try to catch up. Last but not least, we discuss the evaluation of coaches and how best to rate old coaches, such as Mourinho, Moyes, Guardiola, Ancelotti, Blanc, Mazzerri and Garcia, at their new clubs.
The guests on this week’s episode are:
Richard Farley (NBCSports.com)
Kartik Krishnaiyer (Senior Writer, World Soccer Talk), and
Laurence McKenna (EPL Talk Podcast host).
This Week In Soccer is just one of many developments this summer. In addition to the recent video documentary we produced on the history and legacy of Tampa Bay Rowdies, we released a new show this week entitled Voices of Soccer that features an exclusive interview with former Luton Town and England striker Ricky Hill on the topic of conquering racism in English football. Meanwhile, the EPL Talk Podcast will continue to be released each week.
Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk channel on YouTube. And feel free to share us your feedback on the second episode in the comments section below.
Here are the different ways you can listen to or watch This Week In Soccer:
- Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk channel on YouTube.
- Listen via the World Soccer Talk website, or visit the World Soccer Talk audio page
- Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk audio stream on iTunes,
- Add the World Soccer Talk Podcast RSS feed to your RSS reader,
- Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Stitcher, or
- Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on TuneIn.