So we actually got to see what the first weekend of the new season looks like, because it happened…no, it was not satisfying for all. Yes, there were plenty of goals. No, we didn’t learn everything about every team instantly. We did learn that 5-0 is one way to impress.
Shocks in there? Not after last season, a season of hype and shock. This will feel different, it will feel like a progression towards something but no one quite knows what yet. So far, it means that there is strength in what you do well: if you don’t have a clear identity then it doesn’t seem to be working out for you in the league.
Liverpool, QPR and Norwich will all attest to that.
Manchester City started their title run again. They slipped past a motivated Southampton side who stepped out to impress at the Etihad.
Who impressed you most over the weekend? Join us, in your ears. Or join us with your fingers, be part of the Twitter community:
EPL Talk: @epltalk
Here are the different ways you can listen to the Euro 2012 Podcast each day:
- Listen via the Flash player included on the website via EPL Talk, or visit the EPL Talk Podcasts page
- Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast on iTunes,
- Add the EPL Talk Podcast RSS feed to your RSS reader,
- Buy the EPL Talk Podcast iPhone App which is automatically updated when each new episode is released,
- If you have an Android smartphone, buy the EPL Talk Podcast Android App,
- Get the free version of the EPL Talk iPhone App which includes the podcasts as well as EPL Talk posts, comments and more, and
- Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast on the Zune.