There is great history in Premier League games, many of them come through from old rivalries: born before the premier league was even a glint in our English eyes. So when the Uniteds meet: Manchester and Newcastle it is a special occasion because early offerings of the 90s games were hot. Keegan, Batty, Faustino. Now Newcastle are a force again in the league and trips to SJP or SDA are difficult again. Relegation benefitted the Geordies and now they are looking at a top four finish, but to finish in the top four you need to prove your worth there. That starts with impressive performances against the other fantastic four prospects.
There is a review of the UCL and all four sides in the competition: with positive results for all. How beneficial is playing the a european competion? There are also reviews for the rest of the weekend’s games.
We look at foul stats in the league as Morgan guides us through the numbers. Luis Suarez started the debate and he’ll end it too. What do you think of fouls and reputations? Let the podcast know:
EPL Talk: @epltalk
Here are the different ways you can listen to the Euro 2012 Podcast each day:
- Listen via the Flash player included on the website via EPL Talk, or visit the EPL Talk Podcasts page
- Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast on iTunes,
- Add the EPL Talk Podcast RSS feed to your RSS reader,
- Buy the EPL Talk Podcast iPhone App which is automatically updated when each new episode is released,
- If you have an Android smartphone, buy the EPL Talk Podcast Android App,
- Get the free version of the EPL Talk iPhone App which includes the podcasts as well as EPL Talk posts, comments and more, and
- Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast on the Zune.