Competition is what the league has strived for from day one, now we have a truer sense of a competitive league (or at least one with challenges for title contenders) how does that feel? For some, it bites. Just look at the teams in 5 to 8 who didn’t have everyone pulling in the serendipitous-velocity to victory last season.
Newcastle United know how it feels to have pressure, but this is a new kind of pressure to deal with for Pardew and his men, second season pressure. Whereas Chelsea are just looking to move on from AVB and make a keen argument that UCL would have been won either way. Liverpool as a city has always been divided but this season the divide seems even more stark. Yet the respect remains.
Can changing teams put in performances without excuses? Join us, in your ears. To be part of the Twitter community:
EPL Talk: @epltalk
Here are the different ways you can listen to the Euro 2012 Podcast each day:
- Listen via the Flash player included on the website via EPL Talk, or visit the EPL Talk Podcasts page
- Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast on iTunes,
- Add the EPL Talk Podcast RSS feed to your RSS reader,
- Buy the EPL Talk Podcast iPhone App which is automatically updated when each new episode is released,
- If you have an Android smartphone, buy the EPL Talk Podcast Android App,
- Get the free version of the EPL Talk iPhone App which includes the podcasts as well as EPL Talk posts, comments and more, and
- Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast on the Zune.