The FA Cup final has two teams. It meant that thousands of people were left disappointed this weekend, as Chelsea and Liverpool progress to Wembley on the 5th of May. David Moyes and Harry Redknapp rue their missed chances, whilst an old cup competition rivalry is rekindled.
The league ran a reduced schedule, but still impressed with quality at both ends of the pitch, goalkeepers taking centre stage and midfielders showing their range. It doesn’t stop Manchester from dominating the top of the league though: both City and United won which keeps the gap at 5 points and the title race ajar.
JFT96 is also particularly prevalent this weekend as the Hillsborough Service was held at Anfield to remember the 96 who lost their lives 23 years ago. We pay tribute, through the podcast. Our thoughts are with the friends and families.
There were controversial decisions to be made by the referees, not all went the right way. Should we be questioning referees more? Or do they have enough pressure already? Tweet along with the tweet along with the podcast and give us your views for the next show:
EPL Talk: @epltalk
Here are the different ways you can listen to the EPL Talk Podcast each week:
- Listen via the Flash player included in the EPL Talk Podcast posts every Sunday and Thursday night via EPL Talk, or visit the EPL Talk Podcasts page
- Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast on iTunes,
- Add the EPL Talk Podcast RSS feed to your RSS reader,
- Buy the EPL Talk Podcast iPhone App which is automatically updated when each new episode is released,
- If you have an Android smartphone, buy the EPL Talk Podcast Android App,
- Get the free version of the EPL Talk iPhone App which includes the podcasts as well as EPL Talk posts, comments and more, and
- Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast on the Zune.