It didn’t get much better than Group B. We knew that one ‘big-gun’ would fail. However we didn’t expect it to happen with such little fight: and such a public shaming of the Netherlands team. A disparate looking side, desperate to achieve but not ready to do the necessary. As it stands no one goes out, but as you will hear: there are few people who want to see Netherlands win when their squad act like this.
On the other hand, Germany lead the group with play and passing befitting of the new champions. Leading the way with a group of players developed with this competition in mind. Quality throughout and a focus which has proven invaluable so far. They weren’t unflappable though and that is all the more endearing. With that said, what of the Gomez situation? Can he go on from here as the crux of the attack? He scores and still people question him.
In EPL news, ‘Arry is gone from Spurs. But where will he end up next. Will Spurs be the same without him? As always let us know what you see as important in this tournament. Join the chat on Twitter:
EPL Talk: @epltalk
Here are the different ways you can listen to the Euro 2012 Podcast each day:
- Listen via the Flash player included on the website via EPL Talk, or visit the EPL Talk Podcasts page
- Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast on iTunes,
- Add the EPL Talk Podcast RSS feed to your RSS reader,
- Buy the EPL Talk Podcast iPhone App which is automatically updated when each new episode is released,
- If you have an Android smartphone, buy the EPL Talk Podcast Android App,
- Get the free version of the EPL Talk iPhone App which includes the podcasts as well as EPL Talk posts, comments and more, and
- Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast on the Zune.