Euro 2012 Daily: GooD FriDay (EPL Talk Podcast)
Rain was the theme for Friday’s Group D games. Be it goals or torrential downpour it made for an exciting climax to the second round of fixtures.
A delay to France versus Ukraine saw England’s battle commence fifteen minutes later than scheduled. After thunder and lightning it was France that came out victors by two goals as Ukraine struggled to penetrate the Gallic backline.
Then in the Evening game, England took the spoils in a five goal thriller- not before Sweden could take a 2-1 lead and leave many questioning if this was the same old England. Goals from Theo Walcott and Danny Welbeck gave Roy Hodgson his first victory in the tournament and saw England move up to second, one point ahead of Ukraine.
As well as news and transfers, we preview Saturday’s games as hosts Poland hope to conquer the Czech Republic, while Greece attempt a difficult qualification by needing a victory against group leaders Russia.
Can Greece do the impossible? Will Kerzhakov break his duck? As always let us know what you see as important in this tournament. Join the chat on Twitter:
EPL Talk: @epltalk
Here are the different ways you can listen to the Euro 2012 Podcast each day:
- Listen via the Flash player included on the website via EPL Talk, or visit the EPL Talk Podcasts page
- Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast on iTunes,
- Add the EPL Talk Podcast RSS feed to your RSS reader,
- Buy the EPL Talk Podcast iPhone App which is automatically updated when each new episode is released,
- If you have an Android smartphone, buy the EPL Talk Podcast Android App,
- Get the free version of the EPL Talk iPhone App which includes the podcasts as well as EPL Talk posts, comments and more, and
- Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast on the Zune.