What a start to the tournament. Seven goals, two games. If this continues…wow! The pod gets excited for Poland and Ukraine as the opening ceremony seemed to touch the hearts of at least two podders. Looking at the style of football, it wasn’t long until the players felt the same way.
Mood in Warsaw was reliant upon an open and relaxed first game. Thanks to an awful lot of control and a huge amount of organisation we can finally talk about the football. Beautiful passing, frustrating runs and aggressive defending. Which game are we talking about? Both…
Yet it was barely covered Russia who lit up the pitch on day one, their brand of football attractive the praise of both Kris and Kartik in successive comments.
Poland has been waiting for this opportunity to show Europe and the world what is going on in Poland. Warsaw has come alive and the people with it. If it felt anything like it did live, then we’re in for an amazing tournament.
What did you think of the opening day? Did the ceremony blow you away too?
Let us know what you think is important in this tournament. Join the chat on Twitter:
EPL Talk: @epltalk
Here are the different ways you can listen to the Euro 2012 Podcast each day:
- Listen via the Flash player included on the website via EPL Talk, or visit the EPL Talk Podcasts page
- Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast on iTunes,
- Add the EPL Talk Podcast RSS feed to your RSS reader,
- Buy the EPL Talk Podcast iPhone App which is automatically updated when each new episode is released,
- If you have an Android smartphone, buy the EPL Talk Podcast Android App,
- Get the free version of the EPL Talk iPhone App which includes the podcasts as well as EPL Talk posts, comments and more, and
- Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast on the Zune.