Derby Delights (Premier League Weekend Review Show, Gameweek 7)
The pod focuses on the local clashes this week. The north east and London were both treated to a double bill of local rivalry. We take a look at what a difference local rivalry makes to the league and how geography can change ‘just another match’.
Referees were at the centre of the controversy this weekend with missed penalty calls and harsh decisions. Is a closer relationship between player and referee necessarily a better thing? Phil Neville doesn’t seem to think so. And the pod takes a look at how convincing United were against promoted Norwich, whilst Chelsea flowed past Bolton.
With the international break upon us we want your views on the season so far. What have been critical points for you? What topics crop up all the time and where needs to be given more focus. Email Laurence McKenna or comment below to share your ideas and we will bring them up on the next set of pods, which will continue throughout the break.
Here are the different ways you can listen to the EPL Talk Podcast each week:
- Listen via the Flash player included in the EPL Talk Podcast posts every Sunday and Thursday night via EPL Talk, or visit the EPL Talk Podcasts page
- Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast on iTunes,
- Add the EPL Talk Podcast RSS feed to your RSS reader,
- Buy the EPL Talk Podcast iPhone App which is automatically updated when each new episode is released,
- If you have an Android smartphone, buy the EPL Talk Podcast Android App,
- Get the free version of the EPL Talk iPhone App which includes the podcasts as well as EPL Talk posts, comments and more, and
- Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast on the Zune.
Let us know whether you agree or disagree with any of the opinions expressed in this episode. Make your voice heard in the comments section below.