Manchester United Confident of Securing Southampton Left-Back Luke Shaw for £30m: Daily Soccer Report
Manchester United are confident of signing Southampton left back Luke Shaw, according to press reports in the UK. United are understood to be ready to secure a £30million deal for the highly-rated defender, but Chelsea are also chasing the player.
According to The Daily Telegraph, “United are pressing ahead with attempts to recruit the players the Scot has identified as key targets. And United are confident of being able to persuade Southampton left-back Shaw to reject Chelsea, whom he supported as a boy, in favor of a move to Old Trafford to replace Patrice Evra.
“While Chelsea remain determined to sign the England defender, Shaw is understood to be concerned by a possible lack of regular football at Stamford Bridge due to the impressive form of César Azpilicueta and with Ashley Cole expected to sign a one-year contract extension to remain at the club.
“Evra’s anticipated departure from Old Trafford this summer, however, has left United in pressing need of a first-choice left-back and, at 18, Shaw is viewed as having the potential to fill the position for the next decade.”
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Manchester United confident of securing Southampton left-back Luke Shaw for £30m — The Telegraph
- Ian Culverhouse and Karsa bullying claims to be investigated by Villa after suspensions — The Mail
- Manchester City players are best paid in global sport – survey — BBC Sport
- Six graphs that show this is the most competitive Premier League season in history — The Telegraph
- Swansea one-ups January fight with alleged six-man practice “punch-up” — Pro Soccer Talk
- Yaya Toure injury rules Manchester City out of the title race — Bleacher Report
- Andrea Pirlo: My move to Chelsea was blocked by Silvio Berlusconi — Evening Standard
- Manchester City to be made to pay a high price for spending spree under Uefa Financial Fair Play rules — Telegraph
- Nicolas Anelka fails to show up in Brazil as Atletico threaten to pull the plug on move for striker — The Mail
- Swansea City focused on surviving and then regrouping, says Huw Jenkins — Evening Post
- How has Roberto Martinez transformed Everton FC into top-four contenders? — Liverpool Echo
- Swansea City agree new deal with adidas — South Wales Evening Post
- Damien Duff to leave Fulham at the end of the season — The Mail
- World Cup in big demand despite logistical problems — Inside World Football
- Copa America Centenario coming to USA — beIN SPORTS
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.