Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has been fined and warned over his future conduct after his behavior during the club’s match versus Aston Villa.
The Special One was fined £8,000 by The FA and warned about his future conduct following a hearing by an Independent Regulatory Commission.
According to a statement by The FA, “Mourinho denied a breach of FA Rule E3 in that his behavior in re-entering the field of play and approaching the Match Referee in an attempt to speak to him, in or around the 90th minute of the game against Aston Villa on 15 March 2014, amounted to improper conduct.
“However, the charge was found proven at a personal hearing on Wednesday 9 April.”
Here’s Mourinho’s post-match interview from that day:
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Chelsea’s José Mourinho fined and warned over future conduct by FA — The Guardian
- David Moyes reveals Man United transfer targets have been ‘quietly’ spoken to and they don’t care about Champions League — Daily Mail
- Everton fear they could be in position to crown Liverpool as champions — The Guardian
- ‘Ridiculous’ to criticise Everton’s use of the loan market, says Roberto Martinez — Liverpool Echo
- Thibaut Courtois will not play against Chelsea for Atletico Madrid — Daily Mail
- Liverpool FC fans charged up to £2.5k a ticket for Manchester City game by touts — MEN
- Chairman Assem Allam vows to fight on after plan to change name to Hull Tigers is rejected by FA — Independent
- Swansea City: the most profitable club in the Premier League — Evening Post
- Trecker’s Travels Day 3: Writers in a bookshop — FOX Soccer
- The Chelsea/Vitesse story, according to Dutch media reports — Oh To Be A Goonerette
- Newcastle refund Southampton fans £12,000 after overcharging for tickets — The Mail
- Arsenal set to be without 11 players for FA Cup semi-final v Wigan on Saturday — 101GG
- Craig Noone may miss rest of Cardiff season due to abdominal injury — Sky Sports
- Cardiff City a ‘shambles upstairs and a shambles on the pitch’ — Wales Online
- Ayoze Perez and Alexandre Lacazette targeted by Newcastle United — Newcastle Journal
- Newcastle United striker Loic Remy ruled out of visit to Stoke City — Newcastle Chronicle
- Sunderland boss looks set to stick with five at the back — Shields Gazette
- Samuel Eto’o set for Chelsea exit after holding Besiktas transfer talks — Metro
- FA propose total ban on football betting — FC Business
- Ramsey ‘ready’ to start in the semi-final and Wilshere set for return to running next week, says Wenger ahead of Wembley trip — Daily Mail
- Arsène Wenger calls on Arsenal to finish season on high with FA Cup win — The Guardian
- ITV’s Adrian Chiles voted the most gaffe prone football pundit this season — ITV
- Gulati: Sermanni’s firing based on ‘underlying issues,’ but questions remain — Pro Soccer Talk
- Jay Rodriguez ruled out of race for place in England squad — The Independent
- Atlanta confirmed as Major League Soccer’s next expansion market — Philly
- MLS viewers on NBCSN up 76 percent after four games — Soccer America
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.