Where to Watch Friday’s UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final Draw Plus Our Predictions
Over the past two weeks, the UEFA Champions League has featured a number of stellar individual performances, both in dead-rubber games and crucial deciding encounters. We select the best performances and bring you the team of the Champions league last-16 second leg.
Now the stage is set for Friday at 7am ET/Noon CET when UEFA conducts the draw for the quarter-finals of the ultimate club competition in the world, the UEFA Champions League.
The teams that are in the draw for the quarter-finals are:
• Atletico Madrid (4-1 aggregate winners against AC Milan),
• Barcelona (4-1 aggregate winners against Manchester City),
• Bayern Munich (who beat Arsenal 3-1 on aggregate in the Round of 16),
• Borussia Dortmund (5-4 winners versus Zenit St Petersburg),
• Chelsea (3-1 aggregate victors against Galatasaray),
• Manchester United (3-2 aggregate winners against Olympiakos),
• Paris Saint-Germain (6-1 victors against Bayer Leverkusen, on aggregate), and
• Real Madrid (9-2 winners against Schalke 04, on aggregate).
The quarter-finalists include:
3 teams from La Liga
2 teams from the Bundesliga
2 teams from the Premier League, and
1 team from Ligue Un.
The draw will be held at the UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland.
The quarter-final matches of the 2013/14 UEFA Champions League will be played on April 1, 2, 8 and 9. The semi-final draw will occur on April 11, and the semi-finals will then be played over April 22, 23, 29 and 30. The final will be played in Benfica on Saturday, May 24.
Check out our team-by-team guide of every side that made it to the last 16 here.
Last but not least, here’s our prediction of how the draw will look after Friday morning:
Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid
Atletico Madrid vs Chelsea
Paris Saint-Germain vs Barcelona
Manchester United vs Borussia Dortmund
What are your predictions? Have your say in the comments section below, and let’s compare afterwards to see who made the correct predictions.