NBC Sports posted Super Sunday’s best-ever ratings on US cable this past weekend for its live coverage of Manchester United-Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur-Arsenal.
The two matches averaged 725,000 viewers, with an average of 779,000 watching Manchester United-Liverpool, the fourth most-watched Premier League match on NBCSN this season, and fifth most-watched ever on cable.
Top 5 most-viewed Premier League matches on cable (on record) are:
1. Manchester United v. Manchester City, Mon., Apr. 30, 2012, ESPN, 1.0 million
2. Chelsea v. Manchester United, Sun., Jan. 19, 2014, NBCSN, 1.0 million
3. Manchester United v. Manchester City, Sun., Sept. 22, 2013, NBCSN, 852,000
4. Arsenal v. Manchester United, Sun., Nov. 10, 2013, NBCSN, 803,000
5. Manchester United v. Liverpool, Sun., March 16, 2014, NBCSN, 779,000