Jose Mourinho: Chelsea Did Not Fail Against Manchester City: Daily Soccer Report
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho was poetic in defeat after his team lost 2-0 to Manchester City in the FA Cup Fifth Round yesterday, saying that “Chelsea did not fail against Manchester City” and that “Two weeks ago, the best team won. Today the best team won. When the best team wins, football is in peace.”
“I don’t say my team failed. I would say that City played much better than us and deserved much more to win.
“The game was simple to analyze – they were the best team, and they won.
“Their second goal was an offside but they would win 1-0 anyway because we were never close enough to score or to be dominant or to scare City in the game.”
Here’s the post-match interview with The Special One:
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Jose Mourinho: Chelsea did not fail against Manchester City — BBC Sport
- Mourinho: “Two weeks ago the best team won. Today the best team won. When the best team wins, football is in peace” — Sky Sports
- Fulham left dazed and confused by René Meulensteen exit — The Observer
- Wayne Rooney to stay at Manchester United until 2018 in £70.2 million deal — The Times
- Manchester City still dream of a quadruple after beating Chelsea to advance in the FA Cup — Pro Soccer Talk
- Dani Alves blasts Manchester City, claiming they’ll never have Barcelona’s class — The Mirror
- Fulham insist Rene Meulensteen hasn’t been sacked but new boss Felix Magath starts his job on Sunday — The Mail
- Ray Wilkins sacked by Fulham but Alan Curbishley kept on — Sky Sports
- Jenkins charts Swansea’s heady rise — UEFA
- We were right to makes changes! Southampton No.2 defends Mauricio Pochettino’s selection — Daily Star
- Qatar World Cup: 400 Nepalese have died since construction began — The Observer
- Brazil’s World Cup courts disaster as delays, protests and deaths mount — The Guardian
- English footballers as skillful as Brazilians, claims Brendan Rodgers — The Independent
- The death toll in Qatar brings international shame on Fifa — The Observer
- Leeds face financial meltdown at end of February if Massimo Cellino takeover of club fails — The Mail
- Doncaster Rovers seal deal for Aston Villa striker Jordan Bowery — Sky Sports
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.