THURS, 1PM ET

West Ham vs Swansea, 7:45am, Premier League Extra Time
Stoke vs Manchester United, 10am, NBCSN
Cardiff vs Norwich, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
Everton vs Aston Villa, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
Fulham vs Southampton, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
Hull vs Spurs, 10am, Premier League Extra Time

Before, during or after today’s matches, join the conversation in the comments section below with fellow soccer fans from around the world.

Have a wonderful Saturday.

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

48 Responses to Premier League Saturday, Gameweek 24: Open Thread

1. abdirahman says:

Its chris waddle and ian crocker on world feed commentry team.

2. Brian says:

Will be switching back and forth between the Tyneside derby on NBCSN and West Ham-Sunderland on Extra Time. Nice way to start the morning. Let’s hope the football is compelling.

3. IanCransonsKnees says:

It’s absolutely lashing it down here, I’m not expecting much fun today as it is without getting a soaking walking to the match.

I think we’re done if I’m honest. The defensive nous that we displayed for the majority of our 5 seasons in the top flight under Pulis has been pi$$ed away and we’re playing that daft type of football that the neutrals love. Roll it out from the keeper, pass it around in your own half, give the opposition time to set up their defence, repeat to defeat.

Even if we stay up I’d like to see Hughes go. He’s had all season to rectify the frailties that we can all see from the stands, we all know the players are capable of tightening things up but he’s happily allowed a terminal laxness to flourish.

Hey ho, if we keep it down to 3 today I’ll be happy. At least I’ve got the 6 Nations to distract me for the next 6 weeks.

• Guy says:

I don’t understand the laxness on defense. We’re not being unlocked. We’re handing the ball over in front of goal. It makes me crazy.

We don’t seem to be getting any better, while others around us are. Maybe Marc L is right when he calls Sparky “Clueless”.

I’ll be interested to see today’s line-up.

• IanCransonsKnees says:

He reminds me of Brian Little. He was in charge for a season at the turn of the millennium. We got off to a storming start yet waned completely after the first 20 games because he had no plan b.

He’s yesterday’s man for me and should never have got the job in the first place due to his failure to evolve.

• Flyvanescence says:

Look take it from another City fan, Sparky is a terrible manager. Almost turned the Abu Dhabi project into a failure.

4. abdirahman says:

Again another big game is over even before half time as it was liverbool vs everton. Spurs vs city.

5. Christopher Harris says:

Anyone else having a problem accessing West Ham-Swansea on NBC Sports Live via the web platform? All I’m getting is a black screen after the commercial ends.

This is the second week in a row where I’ve had to resort to an illegal stream because the legal stream of a game isn’t working.

• De Selby says:

no problem for me. my problem is the one channel that is out on my television is nbcsports and i have to watch the tyne-wear derby on the computer.

6. IanCransonsKnees says:

Leeds United taken over by Italians now. Could someone please sort out the ridiculouness that is modern football ownership and administration.

As much as I think Leeds are dirty they’re yet another bunch of fans who are getting a constant fu£€!ng over by people who just want to screw our clubs over for themselves.

7. Eddie says:

I fear for the horses of Newcastle this evening.

8. Guy says:

Oh great. Mata is on with RVP and Rooney back. Well, at least I’m not sitting in the rain and wind with ICK…and I can switch channels when I feel like it.

Sparky’s line-up is a mystery to me again. Ah, well…..

9. Mufc77 says:

Just a little windy in stoke today

10. jtm371 says:

Wales 17/ Italy 3 halftime opening match of Six Nations.

11. Guy says:

Thank you, Michael. Only way we are going to score.

12. Flyvanescence says:

Wow stoke in front

13. Guy says:

I love Jon Walters’ work rate, but he can’t keep possession and my granny could beat him down the pitch dragging a concrete block.

14. Guy says:

Well, that’s what you want Juan for, isn’t it.

15. Smokey Bacon says:

Just turned on the Stoke game. Thought I was watching the Six Nations for a moment.

16. Todd says:

No clue how walters gets away without a red. absolutely reckless. feigned injury long enough to delay for a yellow.

17. Todd says:

Stoke and Aston Villa currently in the race to see who can take the lead in most fouls this season.

18. Guy says:

Is Hughes just trying to show Guidetti who’s boss?

19. Guy says:

Wow. Just, wow.

20. Balboa77 says:

at first I thought 7 mins was BS, but to see United sh*t the bed for another 7 mins made it all the more worthwhile.

21. Marc L says:

Well well. So the rags’ heroic comeback to win the league gets off to a rather tepid start.

Although I have a lot to do today, I am going to have to displace about two hours worth of that to just read deranged posts on the rag cafe. True comedy gold awaits!

22. Guy says:

Stoke….from 18th to 11th in one match. The bottom half of the table is going to be nuts right to the end.

• Blaque Costeau says:

I was thinking the very same thing! I saw the table this morning and it looked pretty grim for the Potters after West Ham’s victory this morning–especially having to go up against a United squad that the club has never beaten in the Premier League.

23. Guy says:

I’m just going to bet that ICK didn’t mind the weather one teeny bit. :-)

• IanCransonsKnees says:

That’s up with Arsenal 2-1 in our first season for me, trouble is we can’t do it against the lesser lights.

Ashley Young, cheating scum. Rooney, petulant prick. Can’t bring myself to bother with England when I have to ‘support’ weapons like that pair.

Could have been 3 or 4 to Stoke had Odemwingie and Arnautovic taken their chances. United being sh!t played a big part in this victory though.

Begovic seemed to make a blinding save from a free kick late on, couldn’t really tell as I was at the opposite end. De Gea made a good save from Crouch second half.

Sore throat now from abusing the Surrey/Exeter/Oxford reds. Chant of the day “scum, scum,scum, scum” directed to anybody with anything to do with Manchester United.

24. Ivan says:

How tragic if Woy takes to Brazil any of the following 4 garbage “elite footballers”: Jones, Smalling, Cleverly, Welbeck…give the team at least a chance v. Italia and Uguruay…

25. IanCransonsKnees says:

Moyes “we were the better team”.

Deluded prick.

26. IanCransonsKnees says:

£20m of anyone’s money right there.

27. IanCransonsKnees says:

Gaffer please tell me you’re looking into the story breaking at Leeds. The way they’re treating McDermott is disgusting, sacking a manager without the legal right to do so.

28. Brian says:

What a comeback from Everton to win and stay at the heels of Liverpool in 4th. This one was much needed after the derby loss. Martinez made the right substitutions and bringing on Pienaar at halftime was a game changing decision.

Terrible result for United losing at Stoke. The weather was sh**ty so both sides had to contend with the bad conditions and Stoke fared better. The substitutions Moyes made were a little baffling, bringing on Wellbeck instead of a midfielder like Fletcher and then moving Rooney further back to midfield. They are going to have to fight for 4th.

Cardiff got a much needed win and had to fight back from an early goal down to beat Norwich. They are still in the relegation zone but did move ahead of Fuham in last place.

Fulham are in real trouble. Losing at home 3-0 to Southampton who are a good side and have overcome their blip in form. Things don’t get any easier for Fulham as they next have United away and then Liverpool at home.

29. trickybrkn says:

Fairly certain Carroll’s red will be overturned… and Chico reminds me of the Brazilian who was hit with the ball and feigned injury on the wrong location… Howard Webb should have done better then that.

30. IanCransonsKnees says:

Here’s something I forgot from today, Darren Fletcher – classless wanker.

John Walters lying on the floor injured, Fletcher in his subs gear runs down the touchline, past the corner flag and starts berating the referee demanding Walters be dragged off the pitch and be treated over the touchline.

No respect whatsoever for any other club.

31. dust says:

LOL Man Utd Lost again…with Mata, Rooney and RVP…Uh Oh…

Hey when did Moyes get the Broncos job?