Crystal Palace Sign Tom Ince On Loan Until End of Season After Paying Blackpool £1m: Daily Soccer Report
Crystal Palace are on the verge of signing winger Tom Ince on loan for the remainder of the season, after emerging above Swansea, Hull, Sunderland, Stoke, Liverpool and Monaco among the clubs who were interested in signing the highly-rated footballer.
While Palace have not confirmed the news yet, The Daily Mirror is reporting that Ince has signed the deal with Palace with the club paying Blackpool a £1million fee. Crystal Palace also have an option to make it a permanent deal this summer.
Hull City, Stoke and Swansea pulled out of the deal for Ince. Swansea, in particular, thought the deal was too expensive to pay £1million for a footballer to take him on loan for a few months, not to mention his wages.
For Palace, meanwhile, this is a quite a coup and a tip of the hat to manager Tony Pulis for being able to convince a future England star to move to Selhurst Park.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Crystal Palace sign Tom Ince on loan until the end of the season after paying Blackpool £1m fee — The Mirror
- Swansea City pull out of race to sign Blackpool star Tom Ince on loan — Wales Online
- Lacina Traoré rejected West Ham in favor of more style at Everton — The Guardian
- West Ham sign midfielder Abdul Razak on short-term deal — The Guardian
- Nike favorites to beat Adidas & Puma & remain Manchester United kit supplier in ‘billion dollar deal’ — Telegraph
- Newcastle’s bid for Lyon midfielder Clement Grenier is rejected — BBC Sport
- Swansea City closing in on deal for Falkirk’s Jay Fulton — Evening Post
- Brighton’s Liam Bridcutt set for Sunderland medical — BBC Sport
- William Kvist signs on loan until the end of the season from Stuttgart — The Mirror
- Vucinic rejects Arsenal move after clubs agree deal — Arsenal Station
- Norwich City in talks over Joseph Yobo loan — BBC Sport
- Swansea have completed the signing of promising young talent Raheem Hanley — Swansea City
- West Ham weigh up move for Islam Slimani ahead of transfer deadline — The Mirror
- Everton reveal profit in annual accounts — ToffeeWeb
- Tottenham to appeal against Danny Rose’s red card against Manchester City — The Guardian
- Man City halve losses by £50m as they race towards meeting FFP rules — Inside World Football
- Chelsea close to agreeing £11million transfer fee to sign Saint Etienne star Kurt Zouma — Metro
- Hull City let Danny Graham open talks with Nottingham Forest & Middlesbrough — Hull Daily Mail
- Peter Ridsdale’s guide to deadline day — BBC Sport
- Lasse Vigen Christensen signs new three-year Fulham deal — Sky Sports
- Herbert Chapman, the manager who first made Arsenal into a footballing force — Evening Standard
- Liverpool hope to submit plans for Anfield expansion by April — The Guardian
- Leeds takeover by British consortium collapses — Sky Sports
- Wolves can confirm the permanent signing of Leon Clarke — Wolves
- England fans turn back on World Cup 2014 with nearly 3,000 tickets still unsold for group games — Telegraph
- Franck Ribery, Karim Benzema acquitted in solicitation trial — ESPN FC
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.