Liverpool in Talks Over £16million Move for Ukraine’s Yevhen Konoplyanka: Daily Soccer Report
Liverpool are in talks over a £16million move for Ukraine international Yevhen Konoplyanka. The 24-year-old footballer, who plays for Dnipro, can play either as a left winger, playmaker or striker.
Manager Brendan Rodgers faces a race against time to try to sign the versatile Ukrainian international, who has 35 caps for his country, before the window closes on Friday night. In previous transfer windows, there were reports that Arsenal and Manchester United were interested in signing the player.
“Hopefully we’ll do something over the next few days,” said Rodgers. “Hopefully we can have a major signing before the window shuts.”
Here are highlights of Konoplyanka in action:
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Liverpool in talks over £16m move for Ukraine forward Yevhen Konoplyanka — The Guardian
- Thomas Ince set for Hull & Sunderland talks — BBC Sport
- Crystal Palace announce new kit deal with Macron — Football Shirts
- Lewis Holtby and Etienne Capoue could leave Tottenham — BBC Sport
- Newcastle launch bid for Grenier; Life goes on without Cabaye — Pro Soccer Talk
- Premier League tops overseas spending chart for 2013 — BBC Sport
- Laudrup not expecting Spanish star Michu to be fit for clash with rock bottom Cardiff — The Mail
- Romelu Lukaku’s injury is ‘less serious’ than initially feared — We Ain’t Got No History
- Russia expects 1 million visitors for 2018 World Cup — Inside World Football
- San Antonio scored meeting with Garber, Miami planning an early next week push — Pro Soccer Talk
- New York City boss Reyna: Manchester the core of an incredible project — MEN
- Burnley say Danny Ings will not be sold — BBC Sport
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.