Manchester United manager David Moyes is considering making a bid for Newcastle United’s Yohan Cabaye in an attempt to further strengthen his team’s midfield.
The Frenchman, who is rated at £25million, has been linked with potential moves to Paris Saint-Germain and Arsenal. According to The Guardian newspaper, PSG value Cabaye at £17million, while Arsenal made an offer of £10.2million last summer.
With the transfer window closing on Friday night, Yohan Cabaye is a footballer to certainly keep an eye on to see if he leaves the Northeast.
UPDATE: Newcastle United have turned down a £14million offer from Paris Saint-Germain, according to Sky Sports News.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines
- Manchester United consider making bid for Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye — The Guardian
- Manchester United’s Fabio Da Silva set for Cardiff City switch — BBC Sport
- Arsenal Gedion Zelalem to be offered professional contract — ESPN FC
- Barclays considering Premier League exit — The Telegraph
- Chelsea will end up paying £20m for Mohamed Salah to stave off Liverpool interest — The Mail
- Chelsea face fresh political challenges over signing of Egypt international Mohamed Salah — Telegraph
- Rafa Honigstein: Decoding the language of the transfer market — ESPN FC
- Saul Niguez swoop lined up as Brendan Rodgers has talks with player’s father — The Mirror
- Liverpool want Benfica midfielder Andre Gomes for £12.4m — 101GG
- Swansea interested in bidding for Nathan Redmond — The Mirror
- Andy Gray’s return to co-commentary earns BT Sport mixed reception — The Observer
- Romance of F.A. Cup, and the reality — New York Times
- Ashley Williams’ fury at team-mates throws spotlight on Swansea City’s shortcomings — Wales Online
- Heurelho Gomes confirms on Instagram that he is leaving Spurs for PSV — 101GG
- Newcastle could get Chris Hughton the sack on Tuesday — Newcastle Chronicle
- Wilfried Zaha arrives for medical ahead of loan move to Cardiff — Soccerlens
- Tony Pulis ‘on the brink’ with Palace bosses after phantom Ivan Ramis bid — The Mirror
- Italian reports claim Franco Baldini is in Italy as Spurs move for Guarin & Vucinic — 101GG
- Rene Meulensteen reveals he warned Sir Alex Ferguson against Old Trafford appearances — The Mail
- West Brom may sack Nicolas Anelka if FA find him guilty over quenelle gesture — Metro
- Brazil: anti-World Cup protesters clash with police after Sao Paulo rally — The Guardian
- Falcao given 50-50 chance of making World Cup — ESPN FC
- FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention — King Fut
- New concern for Fifa ahead of World Cup 2022 after anti-Zionist row in Qatar — The Independent
- A look back at the 1982 England away shirt — Football Shirts
- Sheffield Wednesday appoint Stuart Gray as manager — Sheffield Wednesday
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.