Powered by
ned3
JUL 13 3PM ET
arg0
ger1

Manchester United Unveil Juan Mata As New Signing [VIDEO]

juan mata4 600x513 Manchester United Unveil Juan Mata As New Signing [VIDEO]

After passing a medical and agreeing personal terms, Juan Mata was today unveiled as a Manchester United footballer.

The former Chelsea midfielder arrived at Manchester United’s Carrington training complex via helicopter, where he was greeted by David Moyes. Later in the day, Mata was officially unveiled as a United player.

Mata’s first game for United will be on Tuesday against Cardiff City in the Premier League.

Juan Mata said: “I am thrilled to be joining United. I have enjoyed some very happy years at Chelsea but the time has come for a new challenge. United is the perfect place for me and I am excited at the chance I have to be part of the next phase in the club’s history.

“Chelsea is a top club and I have many friends there but you cannot turn down the chance to join Manchester United. I look forward to helping the manager and the team be successful in the coming years.”

David Moyes said: “Juan is one of the finest playmakers in the game today and it’s a real pleasure to have secured his signature. He’s been instrumental in Chelsea’s recent success, with a notable 28 assists and 32 goals in his last two Premier League seasons.

“I have been impressed with the excitement he has shown to be part of the new Manchester United. I know our fans have admired Juan for some time now – he has always played well against us – and I know they will be delighted to see him in the red of United, starting on Tuesday.”

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL, Manchester United. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Manchester United Unveil Juan Mata As New Signing [VIDEO]

1. Ivan says:

My precious…:-)

2. mehdi says:

Something tells me that Mata agreed a deal as he was told the squad will be stronger by buying class players.

Welcome Juan Mata to Manchester United!

3. Todd says:

It will be interesting to see where he plays against Cardiff City, especially if Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie are back in the line-up. Looking forward to Tuesday.

4. Dean Stell says:

I’m tickled that United signed him.

On a funny note, it’s it interesting how skinny/lean soccer players look next to normal people. I mean, most people would describe David Moyes as “skinny”, but he looks chubby next to a professional soccer player who has to run 10+ kilometers in a game. These guys are in incredible shape.

5. eric muthomi says:

no website is saying how many years has he signed

6. Obinna says:

Pls do anyone knows how many years Juan did sign for United???

7. CTBlues says:

I think I just through up a little bit in my mouth.

Mata is probably the classiest person I have ever seen in sports.