WED, 2:45PM ET
ATL
MAL
WED, 2:45PM ET
LEV
ZEN

NBCSN to Broadcast Premier League Transfer Deadline Day Special

nbcsn logo 600x401 NBCSN to Broadcast Premier League Transfer Deadline Day Special

NBCSN will broadcast a live Premier League Transfer Deadline Day special on its network on January 31 from 6:30-7:30pm ET.

The program, entitled Premier League Deadline Day Show, will be perfectly timed to bring you up to speed on all of the deadline day transfer dealings as well as any late breaking news that comes in before the 6pm ET (11pm UK time) deadline.

In previous years, except for last August, FOX Soccer showed a live feed of Sky Sports News as reporters across the UK brought viewers the up-to-the-latest transfer drama. But in this January transfer window, NBCSN will have its own show (presumably tapping in to their pundits and reporters on both sides of the Atlantic).

More details will surely be released soon by NBCSN, but what we do know so far is that the highly-rated Steve Bower will host the host. Bower has stepped in to commentate games for NBC while Arlo White was on MLS duty, and the Englishman has a lot of presenter experience too having worked with MUTV.

Don’t forget that Rebecca Lowe will be heading to Sochi soon to co-host the Winter Olympic Games on NBC, so Bower will be in her Premier League presenter role while she’s away.

Mark your calendars for Friday, January 31 from 6:30-7:30pm ET for NBCSN’s Premier League Deadline Day Show. I can’t wait!

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL, NBC. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to NBCSN to Broadcast Premier League Transfer Deadline Day Special

1. MrTuktoyaktuk says:

Better than nothing I guess.

2. Casey G says:

nice, it’s not ssn, but i’ll take it!

3. Paul says:

As usual, it’ll be a load of fuss over… not much! Mata will end up being the only worthwhile story for this window and that’s virtually done & dusted already. Once you’ve seen one man stood in the raining cold dark night outside a football ground, you’ve seen them all ;)

4. Paul says:

BTW – is this the same Steve Bower who does MOTD comms? If it’s the same one, he happens to be my least favourite commentator MOTD-wise.

• Christopher Harris says:

Yes, same bloke. He’s done a really impressive job on commentating the 3-4 matches he’s done for US television.

• Paul says:

Funnily enough, he just commentated on the Bayern Munich match I’ve just finished watching!

In other, fairly big news that you may want to put an article out for… Andy Gray is commentating for BT Sport on Saturday’s Everton match! First time he’s back on UK since he sexism row while at Sky.

5. Kobashi says:

Must remind myself to find a SSN feed just to watch Jim White go nuts over every move and near move that happens!

It sucks that FOX dropped SSN as the show could have aired on FS2 or FS+ if they didn’t deem it worthy of FS1.

• Christopher Harris says:

We’ll be posting up-to-the minute transfer stories and updates on WorldSoccerTalk.com throughout the day, so you won’t miss a thing.

• Trevor says:

Not to get too off topic, but when will NBCSN be rolling out more shoulder programming? Premier League download has been a one off special so far, from what I can tell and still no sniff of Premier League 36. Seems their peripheral programming was rather front loaded.

Figured if anyone would know it’d be you, Chris.

• Christopher Harris says:

Premier League Download was meant to be a one-off, I believe. I asked NBC about Premier League 36 but no news to report there. As for other programming, they are showing the deadline day special, which is a pleasant surprise.

As soon as I hear something, I’ll be sure to post a new article, but thanks for asking.

• Morocco Mole says:

It is cheaper to take shoulder programming “off the shelf” than to produce it from scratch, especially since so few viewers watch shoulder programming.

The cheapest way is to take programming off PLTV, such as Premier League News.

6. Mark Williamson says:

Bower is fantastic and I just love the way NBC is plunging themselves into the Premier League. Just great!!

7. eplnfl says:

We all would enjoy see NBCSN program more off the field shows. They do a great job.

It would seem to me that nothing is stopping Fox from feeding SSN on either Fox1 or 2. There may be some contractual problems but to my knowledge no cable system is showing it. So it should be available.

• Morocco Mole says:

No reason whatsoever for FOX to take Sky Sports News when FS1 is better off airing NASCAR Preseason Thunder (practice sessions from Daytona) and FS2 is better off airing UFC re-airs during Super Bowl “hype week”.

8. Nick says:

Isn’t the deadline 11PM UK time?

• Christopher Harris says:

Nick, you’re correct but there’s often a lot of deals that come in at 11pm UK time that aren’t announced until before midnight, and sometimes in the morning when the paperwork has been finally reviewed.

9. Nick says:

Sure – just wanted to make sure. I am listening to a transfer window special, and I wanted to make sure I had my times (and, more importantly, my time conversions) straight for when to tune in. Thanks!

10. paul says:

I think the Transfer Deadline Day should be available on Extra Time….personally I love to watch all day the transfer deadline day usually as a Arsenal fan to be disappointed but still I absolutely love and am kinda pissed about not being able to watch it….I just would like to see it available to watch it on BBC Extra Time please…Dont let me spend another transfer deadline day listening to sky sports radio on my couch….wow boring thanks though