Manchester United Bid £35m for Chelsea Midfielder Juan Mata: Daily Soccer Report
Manchester United have entered a bid in the region of £35million for Chelsea midfielder Juan Mata, according to BBC Sport — which is one of the few reliable media outlets when it comes to football transfers.
According to BBC Sport reporter David Bond, Manchester United have denied making an official offer. However, an initial bid has been made through intermediaries acting on behalf of Manchester United.
On top of this, Juan Mata did not report for Chelsea training today.
As the midfielder’s advisers have flown in from Spain to try to complete a deal, Manchester United are edging closer and closer to securing a deal for Mata, which could be completed as early as this weekend, but there’s still a lot of work to be done.
Further coverage of the developing Juan Mata story:
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Manchester United bid £35m for Chelsea midfielder Juan Mata — BBC Sport
- Swansea City ‘ready to move for Bolton Wanderers striker David Ngog’ — Wales Online
- Newcastle striker Papiss Cisse set for talks with Besiktas over loan switch — The Mail
- Nicolas Anelka Facebook post says ‘I am neither antisemitic nor racist’ — The Guardian
- Etienne Capoue transfer to Napoli stalls — Enfield Independent
- There’s more at stake for West Brom in Nicolas Anelka case than points — The Guardian
- Juan Mata’s advisers fly in from Spain as United close to completing £37m deal — The Mail
- Chelsea and Manchester United agree provisional £40m deal for Juan Mata — The Guardian
- Chelsea wants $65 million from Manchester United for Juan Mata — Pro Soccer Talk
- “Real have no interest whatsoever in Man United’s Rooney. Zero interest” – says Guillem Balague — 101GG
- Chelsea’s Samuel Eto’o planning to return to Mallorca — ESPN FC
- Fulham close to sealing deal for Steven Defour — Pro Soccer Talk
- Hull City rocked as injured James Chester ruled out for up to eight weeks — Hull Daily Mail
- Swansea’s expansion plans for the Liberty Stadium — Swans FC
- Premier League has second-largest proportion of foreigners in Europe — The Guardian
- Paul Pogba ‘disgusted’ with Sir Alex Ferguson — Football 365
- Everton fined £45,000 and warned over approach to Jamaal Lascelles — The Guardian
- Martin Montoya move to Liverpool is off as talks grind to a halt — The Mirror
- Dimitar Berbatov stays for now but could be off in the summer — Evening Standard
- Swansea City suffer blow in bid for Middlesbrough Rhys Williams as Celtic FC prepare to step in — Wales Online
- Stan Collymore calls for Twitter action over racist abuse — The Telegraph
- Benzema gives Real Madrid one-goal lead after leg one at Espanyol — Pro Soccer Talk
- Neymar transfer investigation goes to court — Reuters
- Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone wants permanent Thibaut Courtois deal — ESPN FC
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.