Patrice Evra may leave Manchester United this summer when his contract expires, with the French defender contemplating a move to Monaco instead of staying at Old Trafford.
Evra, who will be 33 in May, is arguably past his prime as a defender and hasn’t been at the top of his form in the past two seasons for Manchester United. However, the decision rests with Evra whether he would like to stay at United or not. At the same time, it’s reported that Moyes plans on trying to find a left back to strengthen the position in defense, so Evra’s days are numbered.
Should Evra stay or should he go? Have your say in the comments section below.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Patrice Evra set to leave Manchester United when contract ends in June — The Guardian
- Newcastle United turn down bid for Papiss Cisse from unnamed Qatar club — Newcastle Chronicle
- Ross Barkley may be out for six weeks, says Everton’s Roberto Martínez — The Guardian
- Joe Kinnear reveals cap on new arrivals at Newcastle — Shields Gazette
- Newcastle hope to beat Chelsea to Kurt Zouma, but fear PSG’s interest in Mathieu Debuchy — The Mirror
- Jonas Gutierrez tells fans he is about to quit Newcastle United — Newcastle Chronicle
- The Life and Times of Herbert Chapman by Patrick Barclay – review — The Observer
- Man United join Saul Niguez transfer battle as Phil Neville jets out to Madrid to monitor him — The Mirror
- Moyes spotted at Cagliari v Juventus, rumoured to be scouting Davide Astori and Vidal — 101GG
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.