QPR Will Meet With Everton Today to Discuss £3.5m Deal For Nikica Jelavic: Daily Soccer Report
Queens Park Rangers will meet with Everton officials today to try to secure a £3.5million deal to sign Nikica Jelavic. At the same time, West Ham United are also very interested in signing the Croatian striker, but the Rs have the advantage of playing Everton today, which will make it easier for club officials to meet in private to try to finalize a deal.
Jelavic has made nine appearances for Everton so far this season, but hasn’t been able to get on the scoresheet. With the form of Romelu Lukaku, it looks even less likely that Jelavic will get much playing time, so a move to QPR or West Ham United looks likely for the striker to get regular first team football.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- QPR will meet with Everton today to discuss £3.5m deal for Nikica Jelavic — The Guardian
- Sunderland keeper Westwood may miss rest of season — Sunderland Echo
- David Moyes sees tenure marked by £220m being wiped off stock market valuation — The Telegraph
- Luis Suarez is a dirty street rat, says Oldham manager Lee Johnson — Metro
- Porto’s Jackson Martinez reveals he grew up supporting Arsenal, would be open to a move to the Gunners — 101GG
- No knee-jerk reaction to Fabricio Coloccini injury, promises Alan Pardew — Newcastle Journal
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.