Chelsea’s Frank Lampard And Branislav Ivanovic Out For a Month: Daily Soccer Report
Chelsea footballers Frank Lampard and Branislav Ivanovic will both be out of action for a month, according to Jose Mourinho. The Portuguese manager had originally thought that Ivanovic’s injury wasn’t as severe, but Mourinho confirmed to the Chelsea website that Ivanovic and Lampard would be out until the end of January.
Ivanovic injured his knee earlier this week, while Frank Lampard suffered a muscle injury.
While the injury news is a blow to Chelsea, the Blues will be buoyant after their convincing 3-0 victory against Southampton on New Year’s Day.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Frank Lampard and Branislav Ivanovic out for a month — BBC Sport
- Oscar deserved booking says Jose Mourinho — BBC Sport
- Jose Mourinho: If Mata wants to leave, my door is open — Goal
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho rules out additions in January — Pro Soccer Talk
- Joleon Lescott’s agent has confirmed interest from Besiktas — Sky Sports
- Sam Allardyce to review Kevin Nolan’s West Ham captaincy after ‘irresponsible’ red card — Evening Standard
- Cardiff City admits confiscating ‘Tan Out’ banners from fans at Sunderland match — Wales Online
- Solskjaer’s first signing for Cardiff will be former Man United starlet Mats Møller Dæhli — 101GG
- Swansea and Crystal Palace join race for Thomas Ince’s signature — Sky Sports
- Fulham chase Simon Makienok from Brondby — The Mail
- Rio Ferdinand still has a role at Manchester United, says David Moyes — The Guardian
- Manchester United ready to break the bank for Juventus star Arturo Vidal — The Mirror
- Brendan Rodgers targets Chelsea forgotten man Ryan Bertrand — Metro
- Sunderland boss Gus Poyet fed up after Aston Villa defeat — Sky Sports
- West Ham on alert after Atletico Madrid striker Leo Baptistao given green light for loan move — The Mirror
- Arsenal fan covers himself in jam after betting against Bendtner scoring v Cardiff — 101GG
- Arsenal and Cardiff fans intervene to save toddler from underneath a train — Joe
- Sheffield United part company with striker Marlon King — BBC Sport
- Sheffield Wednesday extend loan of Sunderland’s Connor Wickham — Sunderland Echo
- Bolton Wanderers clinging on thanks to owner Eddie Davies’s generosity — The Guardian
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.