Spurs Complain to FA About Charlie Adam After Paulinho is Sidelined For 4 Weeks: Daily Soccer Report
Tottenham Hotspur have written to the FA and have asked them to take action against Charlie Adam for his heavy challenge on Paulinho in the game against Stoke, according to the Evening Standard newspaper.
As a result of the challenge, Paulinho has been ruled out of action due to injury for one month.
Video of the foul by Charlie Adam can be seen here:
Adam had only been on the pitch for 12 minutes before he fouled Paulinho. However, the Scottish midfielder wasn’t even booked by referee Kevin Friend.
Adam’s foul is one of many other severe fouls he has made on Tottenham Hotspur players including two on former Spurs player Gareth Bale that happened on two separate occasions.
The Stoke City midfielder responded via Twitter today, saying:
“Just for the record and to the people tweeting me abuse saying so, I don’t and never have had anything against Spurs, and I would never intend to injure a fellow professional.”
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Spurs complain to FA about Charlie Adam after Paulinho is sidelined for a month — Evening Standard
- Charlie Adam escapes FA punishment after tackle on Paulinho that puts Tottenham star out for a month — Telegraph
- Arsene Wenger claims ‘nobody in France knows what the quenelle salute means’ — The Independent
- Michael Essien ‘could leave Chelsea in January’ says agent — Sky Sports
- Johnny Heitinga is on the verge of agreeing West Ham United move to boost World Cup chances — The Mirror
- Top 10 soccer television stories of the year — Soccer America
- Samuel Eto’o admits he deserved red card for Jordan Henderson tackle, apologizes — Bleacher Report
- Crystal Palace can confirm that Kevin Phillips will be leaving the club in January by mutual consent — CPFC
- Shay Given to remain at Middlesbrough after loan spell is extended — Aston Villa
- Cardiff still hopeful of landing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as their manager — The Guardian
- Liverpool may lose out to PSG in chase for Ivan Rakitic — Metro
- Jose Mourinho set to be without injured trio for Southampton trip — The Mirror
- Derby County closing in on Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford — Sky Sports
- Tottenham consider recall of Benoit Assou-Ekotto from QPR — The Telegraph
- West Ham hit by centre back crisis — Evening Standard
- Andreas Cornelius: I’ll prove Tan wrong – I’ll show Cardiff’s fans what I can do — The Mail
- Swansea City deny approach for Inter Milan’s Uruguayan wingback Alvaro Pereira — Wales Online
- West Ham confirm signing of striker Jaanai Gordon from Peterborough United — Daily Star
- Bolton Wanderers’ debts hit £163.8m as cost of relegation bites — The Guardian
- Leyton Orient’s clash with Bristol City has been postponed because of structural damage — BBC Sport
- Hannover appoint Tayfun Korkut as their new coach — Sky Sports
- The best and worst in German football in 2013 — Bundesliga Fanatic
- Borussia Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp issued warning over position — Sky Sports
- MLS Expansion: Minneapolis in play — Sports Illustrated
- Another reminder of what New York City FC faces in stadium construction efforts — Pro Soccer Talk
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.