Cardiff City are interested in signing Paul Ince as the manager to replace Malky Mackay if Ole Gunnar Solskjaer turns down an approach from club owner Vincent Tan, according to The Daily Mail newspaper.
The newspaper reports that Cardiff City Chairman Mehmet Dalman is planning on having more talks with Solskjaer’s representatives today, while sources close to Tan reveal that Paul Ince is a possibility. However, Cardiff have not yet approached Blackpool regarding Ince’s availability.
Dan Petrescu and Sven-Goran Eriksson are also listed as possibilities.
Paul Ince last managed in the Premier League when he was in charge at Blackburn Rovers in 2008. However, his management experience as the first black British manager to be in charge in the top flight was short lived after he was sacked six months into the job.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Cardiff City keen on Blackpool boss Paul Ince if top target Ole Gunnar Solskjaer turns down owner Tan — Mail
- Everton defender Phil Jagielka out for up to four weeks — Everton FC
- Cardiff concentrate on ‘one target’ for manager says Mehmet Dalman — BBC Sport
- José Mourinho’s use of David Luiz in Chelsea middle has mixed results — The Guardian
- Coutinho and Oscar and Mamadou Sakho and Samuel Eto’o swap shirts at half time — The Mail
- Arsene Wenger rules out move for Yohan Cabaye — BBC Sport
- Joe Allen and Mamadou Sakho each picked up an injury — Liverpool FC
- Tottenham approach Manchester United to loan Alexander Buttner — 101GG
- Marco Borriello transfer: Roma striker is top of the wish list for West Ham — The Mirror
- Man United preparing £50m bid for Everton starlet Ross Barkley — 101GG
- An imported sport, soccer gets its own glossy magazines in the U.S. — New York Times
- What Nicolas Anelka did was twice as bad as the Luis Suarez and John Terry episodes — The Mail
- Sports video games in 2013: A year in decline — Kotaku
- Ex-Manchester United star Andy Cole ‘racially abused on Aer Lingus flight’ — The Guardian
- Real Madrid eye move for Spurs star Paulinho — Metro
- Gareth Bale set to miss PSG friendly in Qatar — ESPN FC
- Lionel Messi could return for Barcelona by Jan. 5, one week ahead of showdown at Atlético Madrid — Pro Soccer Talk
- Sheffield Wednesday want Paul Ince as their next manager – and will tempt him with big transfer kitty’ — Mirror
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.