Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil will miss up to three games after suffering a shoulder injury.
In his pre-match interview, Wenger told Sky Sports:
“I would have loved Mesut Ozil [to be] here, but he fell on his shoulder and he will be out for two to three games.”
That means that the German midfielder will miss important matches for Arsenal against Cardiff City, Tottenham (in the FA Cup) and possibly Aston Villa.
Other than Ozil, Arsenal’s injuries now include Aaron Ramsey (thigh problem), Abou Diaby (knee injury), Yaya Sanogo (back injury) and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (knee injury). Nacho Monreal and Thomas Vermaelen, meanwhile, missed today’s game due to illness.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Mesut Ozil to miss up to three games — ESPN FC
- Nicolas Anelka posts picture of Barack Obama making the ‘quenelle’ as he denies racism — Metro
- Nicolas Anelka faces possible 10-match ban after controversial quenelle gesture — The Guardian
- Fabio Borini: Sunderland AFC star out of hospital after collapse — Newcastle Chronicle
- Vincent Tan set for £2.5 court showdown with Malky Mackay over compensation deal — Wales Online
- Ray Wilkins to join Fulham coaching staff as Meulensteen seeks helping hand after Hull defeat — The Mail
- West Ham boss Sam Allardyce says injuries will decide fate — BBC Sport
- 20 classic Chelsea vs. Liverpool encounters — Bleacher Report
- West Ham may be forced to sell Ravel Morrison for £10m in January — The Mail
- West Ham release Mladen Petric after just three months — The Mirror
- Michael Laudrup admits Swansea short of mid-season points target after Aston Villa draw — Wales Online
- 10 biggest soccer stories of 2013 — Soccerlens
- Cristiano Ronaldo: “I deserve to win the Ballon d’Or each year” — Marca
- Xabi Alonso ready to negotiate new Real Madrid deal — ESPN FC
- Cristiano Ronaldo: I’d play for Jose Mourinho again — Yahoo
- Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes: If Cristiano played for Barcelona he would score 120 goals a year — 101GG
- AS Roma in for for Johnny Heitinga and Etienne Capoue — Football Italia
- Harry Redknapp urges QPR to raise game to revive Championship campaign — The Guardian
- Plymouth Argyle 14/15 Puma home football shirt design vote — Football Shirt Culture
- France’s 75% tax rate gains approval by top court; spells exodus for top Ligue Un players — BBC News
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.