SUN, 11AM ET
ARS
GAL
WED, 2:45PM ET
BAS
LFC

NBC Announces Premier League US TV Schedule For Boxing Day and New Year’s Day

nbc epl1 NBC Announces Premier League US TV Schedule For Boxing Day and New Years Day

Two of the favorite days for most Premier League soccer fans in any calendar year are Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. Reason being is that both days typically offer a full gameweek of matches in a 24-48 hour span.

Boxing Day, on December 26, will be a good day to request a paid time off from your work. And most companies are off on New Year’s Day (January 1).

Here’s the complete TV schedule for now through January 1 (with this week’s Capital One Cup matches thrown in for good measure).

All times Eastern.

Newcastle vs Stoke, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
Norwich vs Fulham, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
Tottenham vs West Brom, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
Manchester City vs Liverpool, 12:30pm, NBC Sports Network & mun2

Saturday, December 28:

West Ham United vs West Bromwich Albion, 7:45am, NBC Sports Network
Aston Villa vs Swansea, 10am, NBCSN or Premier League Extra Time (TBD)
Hull vs Fulham, 10am, NBCSN or Premier League Extra Time (TBD)
Manchester City vs Crystal Palace, 10am, NBCSN or Premier League Extra Time (TBD)
Norwich vs Manchester United, 10am, NBCSN or Premier League Extra Time (TBD)
Cardiff City vs Sunderland, 12:30pm, NBC

Fulham vs West Ham, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
Liverpool vs Hull, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
Stoke vs Everton, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
Sunderland vs Aston Villa, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
West Brom vs Newcastle, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur, 12:30pm, NBCSN

For the complete TV/Internet schedule of Premier League matches in the United States, bookmark this page.

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL, NBC. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to NBC Announces Premier League US TV Schedule For Boxing Day and New Year’s Day

1. Saints Fan says:

Thanks. Though you list more that 5 games at a time (with the same KO) to be shown on ‘Premier League Extra Time’.

There are only 5 of these channels (well on Directv anyway). Some of these games will only be available via Sports Extra online.

• Frank says:

Cox cable also only has 5 Extra Time channels. I think all of the games at 10AM on Boxing Day will be available online.

Also, interesting that on Saturday Dec. 28 neither City nor United are on NBCSN but Aston Villa vs Swansea is. City and United are on Extra Time.

• Christopher Harris says:

All of the EPL games listed as Premier League Extra Time are made available by NBC Sports to the TV providers, so it’s up to the TV providers whether they choose to show all or most of those games.

2. San Fransiscan says:

Gaffer, Manchester United’s game against West Ham was live on NBCSN this weekend, now I see on their website that Man City’s game is shown live. tvguide.com still shows Man United vs. West Ham.

Which is it?

• San Fransiscan says:

Plus, why is NBCSN not showing anything for the 10:00 am games on the 28th of December?

• Christopher Harris says:

San Fransiscan, NBC Sports’s website had Man United vs West Ham United listed on NBCSN, but the press release from NBC released later today had Fulham vs Manchester City listed instead.

Fulham vs Man City is correct.

As for why NBC isn’t showing any games on NBCSN at 10am on 12/28, let me check with them.

• Christopher Harris says:

One of the games on 12/28 at 10am ET will be shown on NBCSN and the rest at that time will be shown on PL Extra Time, but NBC Sports hasn’t made the decision yet which one will be shown on NBCSN. I’ve updated the schedule accordingly.

3. Jeremy says:

Gaffer, here with Charter in St. Louis, it is listing my beloved Arsenal against West Ham on the 26th. It could be updated obviously, but just thought I would let you know.

4. CTBlues says:

I don’t understand why England slams so many matches in such a short period.

5. Smokey Bacon says:

Boxing Day = best day of the year. Always take the day off work just so I can watch football. A Xmas present from myself to me.

6. Bayou says:

I’ve been really disappointed with NBC. They don’t replay matches but show endless car races. For some reason when I had Time Warner Cable, we couldn’t get the online feed so I was limited to what they were showing on television. And, maybe this is a regional thing, but we get only 1 game a month on regular NBC. I just feel like all their promises of great coverage were a bunch of bullsh!t.

• Guy says:

Don’t know where you are, but here in NC (on TWC) I get everything. If every Extra Time match isn’t available on cable I can get them all on the TWC app on my ROKU. I miss nothing.

As for matches on regular NBC, there haven’t been that many, so I don’t know what you could have possibly missed.

And they DO replay matches, albeit a limited number. Overall, I’m happy. Things can only get better.

• Bayou says:

I’m in WI. We didn’t get Extra Time and the online app also wasn’t available because we were TWC. I don’t know why it was that way.

It doesn’t really matter. We cut cable last month. I was looking forward to the weekly NBC match that they said they were going to air, but it’s been pretty infrequent.

When we had cable, I don’t remember them replaying games or if they did it was super late at night. Mybe I was spoiled by FSC. Even though it had flaws, you could count on multiple games receiving multiple replays.

It’s not that I’m unhappy, I just feel like NBC promised more than it’s delivering, that’s all.

• Jeff says:

NBC’s commitment is to air 20 EPL games on the main NBC network. That number includes Saturday 12:30pm ET games & a game on the last day of the season. From what I’ve been noticing from schedules, those Saturday EPL games have been airing whenever NBC doesn’t have any other sports commitments during that time. I know for sure that there’s been more than 1 game on NBC each month, but as I said the amount will be slightly more or less each month depending on what other sports NBC has to air.

In saying that, NBC has also aired other EPL content on the main network such as the pre-season preview shows in August. Another example of this which could be added to the schedule above is that according to the NBC Sports site (http://www.nbcsports.com/tv-listings), Match of the Day this Saturday will be airing first on NBC between 1:30pm & 3:30pm ET.

7. James says:

NBCSN changed their schedule from Man. United vs West Ham to Fulham vs Man City after they learned that Dempsey may be plaing for Fulham in the game. It’s the Dempsey factor that caused the change.