The clock is ticking down to the silly season, which is typically the summer transfer window. But in this case, it’s ticking down to the January transfer window where clubs are looking to make desperate moves (or to help cover for injured players), to give the club a boost until the season ends.
The latest transfer gossip coming out of Italy is that Napoli are preparing January bids for Tottenham Hotspur’s Erik Lamela and Manchester City’s Aleksandar Kolarov. According to Corriere dello Sport, outspoken Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis wants to provide manager Rafa Benitez with added depth.
Both Lamela and Kolarov are talented footballers, but Lamela is having difficulty fitting in at Tottenham, while Kolarov is only making rare appearances as a substitute for the Citizens.
Could Lamela and Kolarov head to Italy this January?
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Napoli prepare January bids for Erik Lamela and Aleksandar Kolarov — 101GG
- Liverpool receive Steven Gerrard injury boost — Metro
- David Villa was open to an Arsenal move last January but Barcelona refused to let him go — 101GG
- Mauricio Pochettino says Southampton starlet Luke Shaw is not for sale — Sky Sports
- FA refuse to confirm Hull Tigers name change before consulting fans — The Mail
- Why Giuseppe Rossi is currently Serie A’s deadliest striker — Four Four Two
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.