Chelsea are considering a cash plus Kevin De Bruyne deal to bring Julian Draxler from Schalke to Stamford Bridge. The deal may happen as early as the January transfer window.
Draxler is reportedly unhappy at Schalke after being played as a winger instead of his preferred central attacking midfield position. In addition to the interest from Chelsea, Arsenal is reportedly keen on signing the highly-rated German.
De Bruyne has been playing on loan at Werder Bremen, where the Belgian winger/attacking midfielder has made a positive impression.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Julian Draxler in exchange for Kevin de Bruyne to Chelsea? — Sportal
- Chelsea’s Kevin De Bruyne Chased by Borussia Dortmund, Agent Hints at Leverkusen — Bleacher Report
- Manchester United’s struggles in the Premier League are difficult to explain, says David Moyes — The Telegraph
- Newcastle to charge media for interviews — ESPN FC
- Tottenham injury boost as Danny Rose and Christian Eriksen return to training — Metro
- West Ham eye January loan move for Obafemi Martins — The Telegraph
- Wayne Rooney tops English Premier League’s richest footballers list — Wealth-X
- West Ham cancel Christmas party to focus on relegation fight — Off The Post
- Now is not the time to bring standing back to football — The Mail
- Everton forward Gerard Deulofeu has a €35m release clause at Barcelona — 101GG
- Spurs consider sending Erik Lamela on loan to Atletico Madrid — Off The Post
- Leighton Baines injury: Left back targets Christmas return for Everton — The Independent
- Steven Gerrard: Liverpool captain out for at least a month — BBC Sport
- Sir Alex Ferguson v Roy Keane: we should savor this feud for the ages — The Guardian
- Tottenham to use controversial blood-spinning technique to speed Jan Vertonghen return — The Independent
UEFA Champions League
- Juventus wanted Galatasaray game called off — Sky Sports
- Mancini: “I’m happy we qualified, but the game should not have been played” — Repubblica
- AC Milan will sign Keisuke Honda in January — beIN SPORT
- The story of the Italian player who turned down €200,000 and became a hero — Counter Attack
- New York City FC names Jason Kreis as Head Coach — New York City FC
- Bronx scores $400M soccer stadium for NYC FC — New York Post
- Miami’s new MLS team may be named “Miami Beckham United” — Ex Miami
- D.C. United executive may leave for Milan, while Italian coach likely to join Olsen’s staff — Washington Post
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.