Clint Dempsey can add Newcastle United to the list of clubs who are reportedly interested in signing the US international on a loan deal. Other clubs rumored to be interested include Everton, Aston Villa, and Fulham. Tottenham Hotspur, meanwhile, have the first right of refusal before any of the other clubs can sign the player.
Newcastle United striker Papiss Cisse has had a poor season thus far, while Loic Remy has been firing in the goals for the Toon. A move by Dempsey to St James’ Park makes a lot of sense, but we’ll have to wait and see which club Dempsey chooses.
Where would you like to see Dempsey go on a loan deal, and why? Share your opinion in the comments section below.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Newcastle United the latest club to be linked with a Clint Dempsey loan — Pro Soccer Talk
- Theo Walcott’s return provides Arsenal with a new dimension, insists Arsène Wenger — Telegraph
- Tony Pulis set to become Crystal Palace manager after agreeing bumper terms — Metro
- Santi Cazorla: when Mesut Özil was talking to Arsenal I was like a kid — The Guardian
- Manuel Pellegrini coy on whether Joe Hart will be recalled to the Manchester City starting line-up — MEN
- Michael Carrick has extended his Manchester United contract to June 2015 — Man Utd
- Liverpool left sweating on fitness of Daniel Sturridge ahead of Everton clash — Metro
- Manchester United play at Cardiff City for the first time since 1974 — Wales Online
- Fernando Torres could make Chelsea return for West Ham clash — Metro
- John Terry should come out of England retirement, says Ledley King — The Mail
- Inside Doha: Give Qatar a chance to shine — ESPN FC
UEFA Champions League
- Five Glasgow Celtic supporters jailed in Amsterdam following violence clashes before Ajax game — Telegraph
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.