Sami Khedira Sees His World Cup Hopes Plunged Into Doubt After Being Ruled Out For Six Months: Daily Soccer Report
German star midfielder Sami Khedira was injured yesterday during a friendly against Italy, and his World Cup future is now in doubt after being ruled out for six months.
Khedira tore his anterior cruciate ligament. In a post-match interview with the German team doctor, he revealed that “Sami has to be treated surgically, we hope that he will be healthy again for the start of World Cup.”
Meanwhile, German team manager Joachim Low said:
“This is a bitter blow for Sami and all of us.
“He is a great player on and off the pitch, he is always thinking positively and this will help and I am optimistic that he will be back in time for the kick-off of the World Cup.
“We wish him all the best and keep our fingers crossed that the surgery goes well and he can quickly get into rehab.”
As well as Khedira getting injured yesterday on international break, so too did Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Sami Khedira sees his World Cup hopes plunged into doubt after being ruled out for six months — Independent
- Pressure on for Germany’s Joachim Löw before England international — The Observer
- England v Chile international friendly highlights — FOX Soccer
- Wojciech Szczesny signs new long-term deal and admits happiness in being a part of the Gunners’ ‘family’ — Independent
- Newcastle’s Steven Taylor may face FA action despite apologising for ‘racist’ tweet — Standard Media
- Iain Moody speaks for the first time since controversial Cardiff City exit — Wales Online
- Manchester United struggling to agree new kit deal with Nike — The Mail
- Jose Mourinho speaks about his pre-match ritual, Kagawa and bonding with players — Soccerlens
- Stats show that Newcastle United are sharper in the final third this season — Newcastle Chronicle
- The story of foreign footballers in Manchester, 1893-2013 — MEN
- Tim Cahill considers A-League loan move — ESPN FC
- Jack McBean to train with Wolves and Blackburn — Sky Sports
- Yeovil Town will launch own girl band to attract new fans — The Guardian
UEFA Champions League
- San Siro gets Champions League Final — Football Italia
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.