Manchester United-Arsenal Game On NBCSN Scores 3rd Most Viewers Ever For EPL Game On Cable
An average of 803,000 soccer fans tuned in to watch the live game between Manchester United and Arsenal on NBCSN on Sunday, November 10, making it the third most watched Premier League match on cable in US history.
In its first season of Premier League coverage, NBC already has televised two of the three most-watched EPL matches in US cable history:
1) Man United vs Man City, 4/30/12, ESPN, 1,033,000 viewers
2) Man City vs Man United, 9/22/13, NBCSN, 852,000 viewers
3) Manchester United vs Arsenal, 11/10/13, NBCSN, 803,000 viewers
4) Man United vs Man City, 4/8/13, ESPN, 611,000 viewers
5) Chelsea vs Arsenal, 12/27/10, ESPN2, 610,000 viewers
While Premier League viewership on US television continues to soar, MLS regular season viewership this year compared to last year was down 29% on ESPN and 8% on ESPN. The concern regarding poor MLS TV ratings is compounded by the fact that the WNBA’s regular season averaged more national TV viewers for each game than MLS this year.
In the match between Manchester United against Arsenal, the Red Devils won the game with a goal by Robin van Persie.