Gareth Bale Scores Brace While Ronaldo Scores Hat Trick In 10 Goal Thriller: Nightly Soccer Report
In mid-week action in La Liga, Real Madrid defeated Sevilla 7-3 in an entertaining game where Gareth Bale scored two goals, while Cristiano Ronaldo got a hat trick.
Judging by the two goals by Bale, he’s back to his best although the goal from the free kick was fortunate.
Here are all of the goals and major highlights from the match:
Real Madrid are still in third place in La Liga behind Atletico Madrid and Barcelona. Real Madrid’s next match, meanwhile, is this Saturday against Rayo Vallecano. For readers in the United States, here’s La Liga TV schedule.
Here are tonight’s world soccer news headlines:
- Gareth Bale’s brilliant home debut leads Real Madrid rout of Sevilla — The Guardian
- Gareth Bale strikes twice in Real Madrid’s win over Sevilla — The Independent
- Tottenham’s new stadium: how club can cash in on development plan — The Guardian
- Manuel Pellegrini praises Man City keeper Pantilimon and refuses to confirm Joe Hart will return against Norwich — Mirror
- Liverpool uproar as Hillsborough cop Norman Bettison is invited to a Wolves game forces a club statement — 101GG
- Steve Bruce: Hull boss to be charged over penalty comment — BBC Sport
- Diego Maradona labels Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero ‘a wimp’ — The Independent
- Brek Shea makes a rare Stoke City appearance — Pro Soccer Talk
- Newcastle’s Alan Pardew ‘interested’ in Crystal Palace manager’s job — The Mirror
- Cardiff City set to recall captain Craig Bellamy for South Wales derby clash with Swansea City — Wales Online
- Footballer Joao Rodrigo Silva Santos beheaded then severed head left on his doorstep — The Mirror
- CBF demand Diego Costa loses Brazilian citizenship — Goal
- Pele is hoping for England and Brazil to meet in the 2014 World Cup final — The Mirror
- Qatar removes Zidane headbutt statue from Corniche — BBC News
UEFA Champions League
- Uefa under fire for ‘clownery’ as CSKA Moscow hit by partial closure — The Independent
- Heineken extends UEFA Champions League deal through 2018 — Sports Business Daily
- Is UEFA considering separate Champions League bids for TV and digital platforms? — Counter Attack
- D.C. United cutting ties with Dwayne De Rosario — Washington Post
- David Beckham laughs off idea of hiring Sir Alex Ferguson for MLS role — The Guardian
- Tottenham’s Jermain Defoe offered transfer to Canada on £90,000 a week — The Mirror
- Kevin Muscat appointed as new Melbourne Victory coach — The Guardian
The Nightly Soccer Report is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s worldwide newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.