Men’s Shortlists For FIFA Ballon d’Or 2013 Revealed: Daily Soccer Report
FIFA has announced the shortlist for the men’s Ballon d’Or 2013 honors. The 23 nominees (featuring no English footballers) are:
Gareth Bale (Wales), Edinson Cavani (Uruguay), Radamel Falcao (Colombia), Eden Hazard (Belgium), Zlatan Ibrahimović (Sweden), Andrés Iniesta (Spain), Philipp Lahm (Germany), Robert Lewandowski (Poland), Lionel Messi (Argentina), Thomas Müller (Germany), Manuel Neuer (Germany), Neymar (Brazil), Mesut Özil (Germany), Andrea Pirlo (Italy), Franck Ribéry (France), Arjen Robben (Netherlands), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany), Luis Suárez (Uruguay), Thiago Silva (Brazil), Yaya Touré (Côte d’Ivoire), Robin Van Persie (Netherlands), Xavi (Spain).
Meanwhile, the nominees for FIFA World Coach of the Year 2013 are:
Carlo Ancelotti (Italy/Paris Saint-Germain FC/Real Madrid CF), Rafael Benítez (Spain/Chelsea FC/SSC Napoli), Antonio Conte (Italy/Juventus), Vicente Del Bosque (Spain/Spain national team), Sir Alex Ferguson (Scotland/Manchester United FC former coach), Jupp Heynckes (Germany/FC Bayern München former coach), Jürgen Klopp (Germany/Borussia Dortmund), José Mourinho (Portugal/Real Madrid CF/Chelsea FC), Luiz Felipe Scolari (Brazil/Brazil national team), Arsène Wenger (France/Arsenal FC).
The winners will be announced in January.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Men’s shortlists for FIFA Ballon d’Or 2013 revealed — FIFA
- Not a single Englishman on Fifa’s Ballon d’Or shortlist proves how far our home-grown talent has fallen behind — Telegraph
- Fifa changes commercial model to sell regional World Cup deals from 2015 — SportsPro
- Sunderland’s on-loan striker Fabio Borini hoping on Liverpool return — The Guardian
- Marouane Fellaini admits Arsenal tried to sign him in the summer — 101GG
- Mario Balotelli’s agent talks up Chelsea move — Off The Post
- Newcastle United haven’t scored from a corner for more than two years and 78 matches — The Mail
- Mike Dean a completely ridiculous appointment for South Wales derby — The Swansea Way
- Watch: The moment Alan Pardew is gagged by Newcastle United — Newcastle Journal
- Seattle Sounders average 44,038 fans per game, break MLS record again — Pro Soccer Talk
- Football League considers use of goalline technology for Capital One Cup — The Guardian
- Brian McDermott admits that Leeds don’t have a scouting system or chief scout — 101GG
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.