Napoli manager Rafa Benitez has hailed Arsene Wenger as the best manager in England. Both Napoli and Arsenal face each other later today in the UEFA Champions League, but while the praise for Wenger is worthy, you have to wonder how much of a dig that is for Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho.
Benitez and Mourinho have had a long rivalry, and the words by Benitez have got to sting Mourinho, who has had a rocky start to his return to Chelsea as manager — especially after Mourinho is the one who has replaced Benitez as Chelsea boss.
Watch the video clip in the link below to see the entire press conference by Benitez.
For viewers in the United States, the game between Napoli and Arsenal will be shown at 2:45pm ET on FOX Soccer Plus and FOXSoccer2Go.com.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Rafa Benítez hails Arsène Wenger as the best manager in England — The Guardian
- Gus Poyet set to be named Sunderland boss after fresh round of talks — Metro
- Martin Jol resigned to Fulham chop as manager tells friends he expects to be sacked — The Mail
- David Silva should be fit to play against Bayern Munich — The Telegraph
- Shinji Kagawa: I must improve or I won’t survive at Manchester United — Evening Standard
- Mark Hughes tells Stoke City players to stop bad-mouthing former manager Tony Pulis — Telegraph
- Cristiano Ronaldo was so close to signing for Arsenal that he had his own squad number — The Mirror
- David Moyes’ rotation policy is to blame for Man United’s poor start to season, says Shakhtar coach — Irish Independent
- Darren Fletcher close to Manchester United return after stepping up training — Metro
- Cardiff City fan Neil Kinnock escorted from seat among Fulham supporters — The Guardian
- Liverpool must not give Luis Suarez a new contract, says John Aldridge — Metro
- Qatar World Cup 2022: 70 Nepalese workers die on building sites — The Guardian
- Fifa ethics investigator to visit England over 2018 and 2022 World Cup bids — The Independent
- FIFA World Cup bidding investigation “absolutely bizarre” — World Football Insider
- David Cameron tells Qatar World Cup 2022 chiefs to follow London 2012 example — The Mail
- U.S. Open Cup preview: Real Salt Lake and D.C. United compete for domestic soccer’s oldest crown — Pro Soccer Talk
- Gonzalo Higuain deal was done in 10 minutes, brags Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis — Metro
- Predictive models – Serie A through 6 matches — StatsBomb
UEFA Champions League
- Rangers report operating loss of £14m — BBC Sport
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.