Mario Balotelli had one of those crazy days yesterday that he’s renowned for. In one match, he missed the first penalty of his career. He scored a last minute penalty for AC Milan. And then immediately after the game, he got a red card (watch the video below) after flipping out at the officials.
No wonder some people call him Crazy Mario.
Napoli went on to win the match 2-1.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Mario Balotelli was shown a red card for dissent after the final whistle against Napoli — 101GG
- Mario Balotelli’s miss overshadows Rafael Benítez’s Napoli revolution — The Guardian
- Semi Ajayi joins Arsenal Academy from Charlton Athletic — Arsenal
- Robin van Persie’s injury is not serious and he could return against Liverpool on Wednesday — Mail
- Paolo Di Canio paid the price for trying to rule through fear, says Steve Bruce — Telegraph
- Romelu Lukaku: I watch every second of every single Premier League match — Metro
- Manuel Pellegrini & Mauricio Pochettino buck a coaching trend — BBC Sport
- Malky Mackay criticises ref Mark Clattenburg for ruling out Ben Turner ‘goal’ — Wales Online
- John O’Shea: Lee Cattermole can help Sunderland climb out of relegation danger — Newcastle Chronicle
- Vinnie Jones: ‘England is past its sell-by date. I couldn’t be tempted back’ — The Guardian
- Stephane Sessegnon: I never asked to leave Sunderland — Newcastle Chronicle
- It was not just Di Canio – the whole Sunderland shake-up looks risky — The Independent
- Sunderland striker Steven Fletcher set for months on sidelines — Shields Gazette
- Gareth Bale suffers suspected thigh injury in warm-up ahead of defeat of Getafe in La Liga — Telegraph
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.