Cristiano Ronaldo Agrees £14million-a-year Contract Through 2018: Daily Soccer Report
Real Madrid have scheduled a press conference for today to announce that Cristiano Ronaldo has signed a new contract. According to reports in Marca, Ronaldo will sign a new £14million-a-year contract that will keep him at Real Madrid until 2018.
It’s incredible to consider how far Ronaldo has come. When he arrived at Manchester United and played his first few games at Old Trafford, he was the king of the step-over, but would have nothing on the end of it, often losing the ball. And now he’s the second best footballer in the world earning a ungodly amount of money each week.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Real Madrid announce renewal of Cristiano Ronaldo contract — Real Madrid
- Cristiano Ronaldo to sign a new €17m-a-year contract at Real Madrid until 2018 today — 101GG
- Cristiano Ronaldo to sign new £76million contract at Real Madrid — The Mail
- We’ll sing what we want! Spurs fans roll out the Yid & Yiddo chants during Norwich win — 101GG
- Tottenham star Erik Lamela’s brother kidnapped by armed carjackers — ESPN FC
- Paolo Maldini heaps the praise on Davide Santon — Newcastle Chronicle
- John Obi Mikel threatened to ‘break Mark Clattenburg’s legs’ when Chelsea accused ref of racism — 101GG
- Ross Barkley at the centre of Manchester United and Chelsea transfer tug-of-war — Metro
- Newcastle’s Hatem Ben Arfa on cusp of return to the France international set up — Newcastle Chronicle
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.