Powered by
JUL 12 4PM ET
bra0
ned3
JUL 13 3PM ET
arg0
ger1

nbc sports live extra NBC Launches Premier League Matches On Demand: Todays Matches Are Now Online [VIDEO]

NBC Sports followed through on their promise this weekend to make the broadcasts of the Premier League available on demand via the web.

It’s messy, but all eight matches today are now viewable online. The messy part is that the links to the videos are hard to find (we only found them because one of our readers happened to come across a blog post on Pro Soccer Talk). Plus, it’s messy because there’s a scoreboard above each of the games listed below, so unless you’re very careful, you may find out what the final score is as the game is loading.

It’s better than nothing, but hopefully NBC Sports can integrate it into NBC Sports Live Extra and to find a way to remove the spoilers from the pages where the on demand games live. Plus, we’d love to see the games available on tablet and smartphone versions of NBC Sports Live Extra in the future.

Here are the links to the on-demand matches (for US viewers only):

Manchester United vs Crystal Palace

Sunderland vs Arsenal

Tottenham vs Norwich

Fulham vs West Brom

Aston Villa vs Newcastle United

Stoke City vs Manchester City

Hull City vs Cardiff City

Everton vs Chelsea

Thanks to World Soccer Talk reader xsellers for the news tip.

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to NBC Launches Premier League Matches On Demand: Today’s Matches Are Now Online [VIDEO]

1. Tom says:

Wow! This is terrible. You’d have to put duct tape over the top of your Screen not to be spoiled. And if that’s not enough they’ve got links to highlight GOAL videos from the game underneath. I still haven’t figured out to get the games without coming here first. And it buffers after every minute. I really hope this gets better. If this was week 1 I’d feel better about it, but it’s week 4 and they said they’d have on demand months ago. Please. Somebody from NBC, go look at Foxsoccer.tv ‘s site and just blatantly rip it off. I thought I had problems with those guys, but now I feel terrible for ever thinking a bad thought about them.

• AC says:

I completely agree with Tom above… this is a poor showing by NBC.

The constant buffering might of been coming off of my connection, but if it wasn’t, wow.

Why is there no prominent link to On Demand off of the home page?

I don’t subscribe to Foxsoccer.tv, so my comparison is WatchESPN/ESPN3. NBC is miles away from ESPN in terms of making the experience as simple and straightforward.

• Scrumper says:

The links are hit or miss and they buffer. Sometimes they work and sometimes nothing. So I searched for on demand myself and ended up with – absolutely nothing!

This is really disappointing considering the season is now in full swing and NBC are still dragging their feet on this issue. And my Comcast local provider is also dragging their feet in terms of not providing the games on live extra yet.

The basic NBC show is great and no complaints. Rebecca and the two Robbies are a breath of fresh air. I caught sight of the new Fox bimbo the other day for the England game which made me wonder what pub did they hang around at closing time to get her? If that’s what I’ve got to look forward to with upcoming World Cup then it’ll be over to Al Jazeera or the Spanish channels.

2. Steven P. says:

People forget that Foxsoccer2go when initially launched had lots of issues. NBC has only been doing this for about a month so let’s give them some time to iron out the problems.

Considering how vastly superior NBC’s TV coverage is over Fox, I’m sure that in time they will make the online experience better than it is now.

• Pete Q says:

I was just about to leave a similar comment. Good job, Steve.

FoxSoccer2Go was a mess for a long time and eventually worked things out. Give NBC some time. They’ve shown an early track record of listening to their viewers.

• JBrevetti says:

I agree with Steven’s post. Hopefully NBC will address the obvious issues mentioned in a timely manner.

3. Bennett says:

Constant buffering made viewing unwatchable. I agree that FoxSoccer2Go at least had a baseline that NBC could emulate. But FoxSoccer2Go wasn’t without it’s issues as well.

I could do without the annoying banner ad that trims down the full screen to. Surely, there has to be a more effective way to do some added advertising.

I’d rather have the overflow channels on Dish Network, but I suppose this will have to do when I can’t watch live.

4. will says:

Agree with the majority of the posts above that this replay functionality was atrocious. There was so much buffering that I too had to stop watching it, not to mention it took me about half an hour of searching to even find the blog which took me to the links. Sad to say, I reverted to illegally downloading it because I wanted to watch it (without spoilers, buffereing etc etc etc) and that was much easier than trying to get through all of NBC’s crap.

I’d be much more forgiving if they hadn’t announced it all back in April, but seriously, what have they been doing all this time. Three simple things, in order: an obvious replay page that is easy to find like exists on the app, *no* spoilers on the page, and no buffering. And it would be nice if we could access the replays from the app too.

5. JBrevetti says:

I found an article on Prosoccertalk (NBC’s site) with the links. Hopefully finding the links in the future isn’t so difficult!