Emmanuel Adebayor has asked Tottenham to give him a £1million pay off to leave the club after being banished to the reserves, according to a report in Metro newspaper today.
Adebayor is interested in leaving the club and joining Queens Park Rangers or a club in the Middle East as a free agent. But Tottenham would need to cancel his contract. Plus Adebayor wants a £1million payout.
What a waste.
Here are tonight’s world soccer news headlines:
- Emmanuel Adebayor asks Tottenham for £1m pay off to quit the club — Metro
- José Mourinho insists Chelsea did not deserve defeat by Everton — The Guardian
- A fan threatens to ‘kill’ Steven Gerrard & his children at Liverpool’s training ground — 101GG
- David Moyes to talk to Ashley Young after dive against Crystal Palace — The Guardian
- Di Canio blasts ref after Altidore goal controversially disallowed — Pro Soccer Talk
- Chelsea’s Samuel Eto’o snubbed Arsenal in 2000 — Sky Sports
- Aston Villa’s Christian Benteke is the ‘best player in the Premier League’, says Gabriel Agbonlahor — Metro
- Harry Redknapp gagged from lifting the lid on his Tottenham exit — The Mirror
- Newcastle United FC need to play 4-3-3 formation according to Alan Pardew — Newcastle Chronicle
- David Moyes refuses to confirm if Man Utd made a late bid to hijack Bale transfer to Madrid — Independent
- Swansea City wanted Iago Aspas — and they would not have got Wilfried Bony as well — Evening Post
- A history of adidas: classic football boots — Design Boom
- PFA chairman Clarke Carlisle’s ‘disgusting’ words slammed by leading black player Jason Roberts — Independent
- Tottenham fans defy FA warning with traditional cry of ‘Yid Army’ — The Observer
- Arsenal’s Mikel Arteta and Lukas Podolski both making impressive injury recovery progress — Mirror
- West Ham travel light in absence of Andy Carroll — The Independent
- Kevin Nolan will stay at West Ham until he retires — The Mirror
- Rafael Benítez feels new club Napoli embracing the spirit of Liverpool — The Observer
- Sampdoria catch genoa’s goalkeeper coach ‘dressed like Rambo’ & spying on training — Pies
- Bruce Arena calls artificial turf in MLS “disasters” — Pro Soccer Talk
- John O’Brien: all American hero — World Soccer
- Millwall v Derby: Nigel Clough pushed by fan — BBC Sport
- Paul Ince: Blackpool boss sorry after bottle he throws hits fan — BBC Sport
The Nightly Soccer Report is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s worldwide newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.